Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Beflar

Have a 5/8 sharpen on a 11' profile. If I go quad 0.5 do I have to change my sharpen.

Do you have to change the sharpen when switching to a quad radius?  I think I heard that it is one of the advantages of switching to the quad, cause less sharp more glide etc.

When I profiled mine I went from 5/8 to 3/4 and it felt great.  I was originally on stock 10' radius and am now on quad .5 .  The explanation I got was that with the quad profile you'll have more steel on the ice at any given time so you don't need as much bite with the hollow to get the same grip (disclaimer: I'm not an expert on the technical stuff, that's just the way it was explained to me and honestly the shallower hollow has not felt like it has any less bite than my old hollow on non profiled steel).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

When I profiled mine I went from 5/8 to 3/4 and it felt great.  I was originally on stock 10' radius and am now on quad .5 .  The explanation I got was that with the quad profile you'll have more steel on the ice at any given time so you don't need as much bite with the hollow to get the same grip (disclaimer: I'm not an expert on the technical stuff, that's just the way it was explained to me and honestly the shallower hollow has not felt like it has any less bite than my old hollow on non profiled steel).

Ok I will do the same.  The new machine comes in this week.

How does the .5  feel coming from a 10'?  I'm coming from a 11' myself.

Edited by Beflar

The .5 was very minimal adjustment, it just felt natural.  I did try a Quad 1 at first but that felt very short up front which I didn't care for, so that lead me to the .5 and I've been happy ever since.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 6:58 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

The .5 was very minimal adjustment, it just felt natural.  I did try a Quad 1 at first but that felt very short up front which I didn't care for, so that lead me to the .5 and I've been happy ever since.

Only had one skate on them.  No equipment or stick, just a community skate.  I want to put on the equipment and giver before a review but right now the 0.5 is kinda blowing me away.  How is it possible to be more agile and more stable at the same time...  I could go on but I want to really test it more first.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:58 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

The Q1 also resulted in me having a much shorter and choppy stride. 

• Like 1