Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Bauer vs. CCM sticks

29 minutes ago, JAY4114 said:

Do the blades hold up or do they chip and fall apart easily?

I think that's an old issue that CCMs had in the past with one line. My SuperTacks 2.0 and JetSpeed FT2 has lasted/worn really well.

2 hours ago, Giltis said:

I think that's an old issue that CCMs had in the past with one line. My SuperTacks 2.0 and JetSpeed FT2 has lasted/worn really well.

Ok. Just wondering because I can’t tape my blades so it would be a lot worse if they did wear

3 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

Tacks, Ultra Tacks, AS1, and AS2 blades have held up fine for me...though I haven't used the AS2 that long due to the COVID pause.  I never used one, but I have heard that the 1st gen SuperTacks had blade issues.  Also, I used to tape the toe of my blades, but now I don't, and blades have usual normal wear and tear.  Nothing accelerated imho.

3 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

Tacks, Ultra Tacks, AS1, and AS2 blades have held up fine for me...though I haven't used the AS2 that long due to the COVID pause.  I never used one, but I have heard that the 1st gen SuperTacks had blade issues.  Also, I used to tape the toe of my blades, but now I don't, and blades have usual normal wear and tear.  Nothing accelerated imho.

1 minute ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Good to know

The blades on my last CCM Sticks( Ribcore 3d, Ribcore Pro, Trigger 2, AS1)  held up pretty well. They definetly improved in comparison to the original Supertacks or the Speedburner.

I have not used too many Bauer sticks in the last years and i feel like the blades are too soft for my liking but they held up fine.

From my experience True has the worst blades. Had two sticks(original A4.5 and 2nd A5.2 SBP) which were unusable after 1 or 2 weeks each. Same for Supertacks.

3 hours ago, Tom90 said:

The blades on my last CCM Sticks( Ribcore 3d, Ribcore Pro, Trigger 2, AS1)  held up pretty well. They definetly improved in comparison to the original Supertacks or the Speedburner.

I have not used too many Bauer sticks in the last years and i feel like the blades are too soft for my liking but they held up fine.

From my experience True has the worst blades. Had two sticks(original A4.5 and 2nd A5.2 SBP) which were unusable after 1 or 2 weeks each. Same for Supertacks.

Would you say ccm blades held up better than the few Bauers you had?

1 hour ago, JAY4114 said:

Would you say ccm blades held up better than the few Bauers you had?

That's hard to say based on my personal experience in the last years. I have used last Bauer stick (2N Pro) probably only 5-10 times because i liked my other stick more. And even if this Bauer stick would have broken it could be bad luck...