Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Clarino liner repair/renew?

Need to renew the clarino liners on a pair of skates. Not sure what could be used to seal the clarino or rejuvenate the liner. I have tried beeswax and leather conditioner but neither lasted longer than a single ice session.

Clarino is synthetic so leather products will not work on it. I believe it is a nylon based product. In my experience the best way to clean and restore synthetic suede is by cleaning it with a damp brush. I don't think you will be able to seal it, as I don't know if a product that will adhere and bond with synthetic leather or suede

There are specific coatings made for leather and synthetic leather products.  Not sure how well they work on worn surfaces but I've had great success with them on the leather interior in my car.

13 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

There are specific coatings made for leather and synthetic leather products.  Not sure how well they work on worn surfaces but I've had great success with them on the leather interior in my car.

I think the bigger issue is the combination of sealing without destroying moisture wicking. 

47 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Such as?

31 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I think the bigger issue is the combination of sealing without destroying moisture wicking. 

I think at this point moisture wiking is likely not working. The surface of the clarino is matte and no longer shiny. 

9bpwlYF.jpg

I'm partial to CarPro's CQuartz leather coating.  From that picture the liner looks like it has dried out and is cracking.  Not sure what rejuvenation product would work on clarino.  Maybe someone who knows will chime in?

14 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

I'm partial to CarPro's CQuartz leather coating.  From that picture the liner looks like it has dried out and is cracking.  Not sure what rejuvenation product would work on clarino.  Maybe someone who knows will chime in?

It actually doesn't feel dry though. The product you mention seems to work for leather, synthetic leather, and vinyl so that might be a good option to test.

1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

It actually doesn't feel dry though. The product you mention seems to work for leather, synthetic leather, and vinyl so that might be a good option to test.

If you have any contacts in the auto detailing business you could also reach out to one of them.  Those guys deal with all types of leather and synthetic leather issues and love to give advice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo122 said:

If you have any contacts in the auto detailing business you could also reach out to one of them.  Those guys deal with all types of leather and synthetic leather issues and love to give advice.

Good thought. I know a few people. I'll reach out. 

29 minutes ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I spoke with a few car restoration stores in the area and they recommended this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1Q7NQD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Tested it and it works fantastic. I'll post some pics later tonight.

Interesting that this works ok on synthetic. Good to know thanks