Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

CCM Fit Question

So...I'm an 11 sneaker/ hiking boot...I wear 7.5D AS1's and 2xPro's. I'm interested in AS3 Pro's or Ribcor 80k's (gonna sell the 2xPro's).  Given the fit of the Ribcor...should I consider a EE or maybe an 8?  I am getting mixed information on the AS3...some say it fits a bit differently than the AS1.  I don't know how much of an "expert" these people are.  I am trying to buy used, so going for a fitting isn't an option. I'm not gonna have my local guys spend an hour with me and buy elsewhere on them.

I'm on ice a ton, so I like rotating my skates.  I'm just not feeling the 2xPro's...I gave them a good solid try.  I think they are great, but when I put the AS1's on...feels like part of my body.  Ribcors are interesting because as much as I love the AS1's...I'm curious about how I'll do with more ankle flex range. 

Anyway...the rationale is irrelevant...I'm just looking for fit advice on the two models.

Thanks All!

53 minutes ago, Jbear said:

So...I'm an 11 sneaker/ hiking boot...I wear 7.5D AS1's and 2xPro's. I'm interested in AS3 Pro's or Ribcor 80k's (gonna sell the 2xPro's).  Given the fit of the Ribcor...should I consider a EE or maybe an 8?  I am getting mixed information on the AS3...some say it fits a bit differently than the AS1.  I don't know how much of an "expert" these people are.  I am trying to buy used, so going for a fitting isn't an option. I'm not gonna have my local guys spend an hour with me and buy elsewhere on them.

I'm on ice a ton, so I like rotating my skates.  I'm just not feeling the 2xPro's...I gave them a good solid try.  I think they are great, but when I put the AS1's on...feels like part of my body.  Ribcors are interesting because as much as I love the AS1's...I'm curious about how I'll do with more ankle flex range. 

Anyway...the rationale is irrelevant...I'm just looking for fit advice on the two models.

Thanks All!

Where are you located? I have a pair of AS3 Pro skates that I ordered for myself but they are too stiff so I am likely going to sell them. If you want to use them for a test fit I would be happy to let you give them a go. They are a 7.5D

I don't know how some people have such a large discrepancy between shoe and slate sizes. Anything more than 2.5 size diff to me is unthinkable. 

Amazingly generous Bro, but I'm in the Atlanta, Ga area...probably not close to many on this board🤣

As far as fit...I grew up on what our trainers at school and the shops (at least in the Long Island area) called "pro-fit."  I like my skate to feel like part of my foot with zero play.  I also skated barefoot.  Now I do use socks, so perhaps going to an 8 would be ok.

It's always worked for me...can't speak for anyone else. I used to sell ski equipment a long time ago...it was the same with racing gear...different fitting strategy. 

Edited by Jbear

6 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I don't know how some people have such a large discrepancy between shoe and slate sizes. Anything more than 2.5 size diff to me is unthinkable. 

Preference...9.5 shoe/sneaker and 6 skate.