Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

Stick flex with a ball

How much does stick flex matter with a ball? Would it be better to use a stiffer or whippier flex? Would it be better to use a low kick stick instead of mid or high since they don’t need to be loaded as much?

Edited by JAY4114

Doesn't matter too much ime, but whippier and lower kick is preferable if anything will make a bit of a difference. Most important is blade. I prefer a closed face in general, but with a ball it's a must imo

6 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Doesn't matter too much ime, but whippier and lower kick is preferable if anything will make a bit of a difference. Most important is blade. I prefer a closed face in general, but with a ball it's a must imo

Thanks for the feedback. I do use a p88

Late to the party here, but if you're using it outdoor, you're probably not taking advantage of a mid-kick anyway since you'll be destroying your blade with those types of shots.  I'd say get a low-kick, but the ball is so light I don't know how much flex you're really going to be pushing into your shots without probably shooting over the net a few times during the game even with a p88.   In all honesty, it probably doesn't matter much.  Unless I'm playing Ice, I'm not too worried about the mid or low flex in the stick during inline ball/puck leagues, as long as I like the control and accuracy of the stick. 

Edited by tgwl

2 minutes ago, tgwl said:

Late to the party here, but if you're using it outdoor, you're profile not taking advantage of a mid-kick anyway since you'll be destroying your blade with those types of shots.  I'd say get a low-kick, but the ball is so light I don't know how much flex you're really going to be pushing into your shots without probably shooting over the net a few times during the game even with a p88.   In all honesty, it probably doesn't matter much.  Unless I'm playing Ice, I'm not too worried about the mid or low flex in the stick during inline ball/puck leagues, as long as I like the control and accuracy of the stick. 

I’m playing on tiles that’s a lot like inline tiles. I’ve found that I can feel my stick flex. With mid kicks i can’t consistently get hard and accurate shots off but with a low kick I can. With mid kicks even wristers will flutter off from time to time.