Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
busdriver

Superdeker vs Potent Hockey Trainer - which is better

Does anyone have experience with both the Superdeker and the Potent Hockey stick handling trainers?  Which one do you like better.   I want to get one or the other. The Potent trainer is $169 and the Superdeker is $250.  

Its mainly for me but I hope my kids would find it fun and play with too.  

Thanks for the feedback. 

I've used both and have a Potent on the way for my own. imho the potent is a more rounded training aid, it's like an Extreme or Sweethands trainer (both very good tools) but with the electronic option to force different skills. As well as individual puck handling, add a rebounder (for single use passing) or you can have 2 people practising passing with it, one on each side of the Potent. I also like the fact that you have to lift your stick over it when puck handling versus the Superdeker's flat puck handling work. I'm not knocking the Superdeker, for learning fast hands it's an amazing tool, I just think the Potent has more options. Also I've seen the Potent used on ice and inline rinks with players in skates practising game scenarios, something that the Superdeker can't really do.

Edited by Vet88
  • Thanks 1

30 day follow up:  I ended up buying the potent stickhandling trainer. I can’t compare it to a Superdeker because I’ve not spent much timewith a SD.  

Unboxing: The set up comes in a small box about the size of two textbooks. It includes the training tool, a charger, and a ball and puck with strong magnets inside to set off the sensor.  Spread out, the unit has 5 sections and is about 5 feet long.  Inch for inch, or his seems kind of expensive for the size of box it comes in.  But I am so glad how small this thing folds up and that I don’t have to store a SuperDeker somewhere.   I can see myself slipping a hockey stick under the luggage and taking this thing on vacation because it packs up so small.  

I primarily use the ball on a lynoleum floor but the puck works too.    It has rubber sides that are a bit softer than a real puck and I suspect it might be a hair larger diameter but overall it feels good and has worked fine when I’ve used it.  The ball just rolls over the imperfections better. 

the game function is very simple. See how many hits you can get in 45 seconds.  The unit does not store a high score so I take pictures when I get a personal best. 

The sensors do not trigger unless  the ball passes directly under it; not just through the hole. So, it has forced me to be precise.  

It is pretty entertaining to play for  a while at a time.  Some times I’ll play for a few minutes and other times I’ll go at it for longer.  

I am very happy with the Potent trainer.  It forces you to lift your stick on every hit. It’s forced me to snap the puck/ball on every stickhandle rather than just drag it around on the blade of the stick.  

In game situations, I’ve noticed a more positive feel on the puck  and have noticed a few times that I recovered the puck noticeably better   I haven’t found that I can skate around everyone and deke goalies much better but overall it has helped in puck control   Hopefully the dekes will come later.  

46 hits is my high score.  If you have one, What’s your high score?