Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tricky4L

Xn10 problem

So I've been using a 2003 int. tkachuck response for sometime now and just got an int. tkachuck xn10. Went out to try the thing out and I can't shoot at all. I've been working with it for about 2 1/2 weeks now and I've got the stickhandling and passing adjusted with the curve but my shot just feels like there isn't a snap/whip effect at the end of my shot as there is with my other sticks. I know the curve is massivly different between the two tkachuck curves but I dunno if that is the issue or what.

Any advice, info or input?

I too have had the same problem, I had been using my Response+ for sometime and then I received a Response XN10 for Christmas(Both the same curve and flex, and even cut down the same length). I asked JR his thoughts before about the XN10 and he told me about Vibration issues and he couldnt of been any more right. I tried to work the shaft in and it has been 3 weeks and I am still trying to get a harder shot. I like how the lightness of the stick but I usually go back to my Response+ if I start getting frusterated. I would say keep at it, and keep trying. I would say give it another week or so and if nothing changes then either sell it or let it collect dust in your house.

I don't like the XN10 blade as much as the old Response blade. It's more durable but the feel isn't as good. I find the XN10 has much more whip in a given flex than the old Response. I would almost compare the XN10 S flex to the Response in an R flex.

The R+ and XN10 have the same blade, the difference in vibration from the R+ to the XN10 is incredibly minimal.

Well, the thing to remember is that they're completely different sticks and, as such, have completely different "personalities" if you will.

For instance, the XN10 has concave walls and a much longer taper. Materials composition likely differs as well.

So, it is natural that they will perform differently.

I find the XN10 has much more whip in a given flex than the old Response. I would almost compare the XN10 S flex to the Response in an R flex.

I've found the opposite. I've had 2 responses, 1 Xn10 and a RL Xn10 (I know you loved the old Responses and loaded up, this is just for refrence) and the Stiff's on the Xn10 models have been much stiffer than the Response stiffs. This may because of the shaft shape mixing with my medium-small sized hands, but this is just what I've found.

Really? My pro stock and the R2xn10s I've tried were both much more flexy than the old S flex Response when it was new. That said, the old ones tend to get more flexy with use. My last Sulli was an S flex and is now less stiff then an R flex would be.