Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Clamp for skate punching.

Those who do your own...what do you like to use?  I've been using a ratchet clamp and a golf ball into various cups.  It works ok, but I'm considering a screw clamp for more force and less slippage. Wondering what you guys use.

A c clamp with a steel measuring spoon for one side, on the other side I have scavenged a range of D shaped stones that (depending on the shape of the punch I am after) I tape on.

The measuring spoon has a steel ring welded to the bottom of it, this ring slips onto the c clamp and holds the spoon in place. I have a number of spoons of different shapes and sizes.

A long arm door hinge with a threaded bolt with pipe on it so I can wind a nut from the inside to expand the hinge (this is really good to get deep into the toe cap).

I also use 4 blocks of wood to make a frame around the boot and then use 2 c clamps to do stretches.

I'll be using everything next week to punch, stretch and reshape my hyperlites, it takes me around 2 weeks to do both boots by the time I have reshaped the toe, stretched the forefoot and punched / reshaped the heel.

Edited by Vet88
  • Like 1

I bought a boot punch tool off of eBay a long time ago. I usually have to punch out the area near the base of my pinky toe.

It works well. Heat the boot a bit and then use the punch tool. Lock it overnight and the punched out portion will hold for a good long while.

Here's a discussion of a similar tool on another forum. https://skatingforums.com/index.php?topic=6165.0

I found a similar product using Google. https://footfitter.com/collections/boot-stretchers

Edited by blue_line

13 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Yes. Sorry if that wasn't clear. The post from SkatingForums discusses a similar device. I posted the product listing because there were multiple of those devices available from that source.

It works very well and I like that I can lock it in place to work for a longer period.