Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
iceman8310

peter forsberg injury

What actually was peter forsberg's injury?  Was it his ankle, foot or both?  I listened to a podcast with mike richards and he talks about foppa wearing 100 pairs of skates a season.  Was this always an issue for him or did it happen over time?

That guy had so many foot issues it's hard to keep track.  I believe the initial problem was being born with unusually large/wide ankle bones, which after years of being stuffed into narrow skates caused chronic Bursitis. 

I remember reading something where he said in one of his surgeries, they removed part of his heel and repositioned it.  Surgery was unsuccessful, so they reversed the procedure.

Dude must have had a really high tolerance for pain to play through that stuff.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, boo10 said:

That guy had so many foot issues it's hard to keep track.  I believe the initial problem was being born with unusually large/wide ankle bones, which after years of being stuffed into narrow skates caused chronic Bursitis. 

I remember reading something where he said in one of his surgeries, they removed part of his heel and repositioned it.  Surgery was unsuccessful, so they reversed the procedure.

Dude must have had a really high tolerance for pain to play through that stuff.

Ankle bones too big

The problems with Forsberg’s right foot started to become chronic in the summer of 2001, after the Avs had won their second Stanley Cup. He had missed the final two rounds of the playoffs because of a ruptured spleen. He was born with ankle bones larger than the usual person — basically they were too wide to fit comfortably into a skate — and he developed inflamed fluid-filled bursa sacs over time from the grinding of the bones against the skate.

He underwent surgery in the offseason to drain fluid in order to be ready for training camp in his native Sweden that fall, but after trying to skate during the first day of camp, he was in more pain than ever. He decided to take a leave of absence to have his foot treated. He returned to the Avs in January, but after being examined, team doctors found a problem with his left foot. He had surgery for that, and it appeared his season was over

Damn, thats crazy

• Like 1