Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JCon

True Inline Skates

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the True line of inline hockey skates. Looks like they have a few different price points including a custom mold. I’ve been using missions for the past 20 years but have had a bad experience with their recent 2 lines. They seem to be breaking down a lot quicker (might just be me or the way I skate or maybe just some fluke). It’s pushing me away a bit and making me hesitant to buy from them again.

True caught my attention because they look durable and I also like the idea of a one piece boot. 

Anyone have thoughts or experience? Thanks!

Their boots are top notch, at least for my needs.  I just converted a pair of TF7 ice boots to roller with Marsblade O1 chassis.  I have no intention of playing competitive roller, so went with the chassis designed for training, not competition.  Don't think I could ever go back to a rigid chassis even after just a few sessions on mine.  I also have a pair of TF9 ice boots that rock.  If you have a medium to wide foot, they should work for you, although I've heard they made some modifications to the roller boots compared to the ice versions.  The ice boots work for me and are definitely the most comfortable boots I've ever used.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback! Based on this I think I want to at least go and try on a pair. My feet are definitely not narrow but also know that sizes and fit can vary from brand to brand.

Any take on the durability? I feel like the roller courts are more abrasive than ice and lead to some premature wear on a lot of the standard boots. Especially on the sides of the feet where your foot might drag or slide. 

25 minutes ago, JCon said:

Thanks for the feedback! Based on this I think I want to at least go and try on a pair. My feet are definitely not narrow but also know that sizes and fit can vary from brand to brand.

Any take on the durability? I feel like the roller courts are more abrasive than ice and lead to some premature wear on a lot of the standard boots. Especially on the sides of the feet where your foot might drag or slide. 

Can't comment on durability yet, I just converted mine a few weeks ago.  The roller boots might be beefed up in those high wear areas with wear pads and such. 

Just a word of caution on fit - if the roller boots are built and sized like the ice boots (I have no reason to believe they aren't) - expect to go down at least a 1/2 size from your normal skates, they will likely feel too short at first, but as they break in, they give quite a bit.  And make sure the shop bakes them prior to try-on, or you won't get an accurate idea of sizing.  For example - I was in Graf size 5 and CCM size 4.5 with just about a perfect fit.  CCM and Bauer/Mission should be about the same sizing.  I ended up in True size 4 and have often debated whether I could go down to a 3.5.  The 1 piece boot and extreme moldability of their materials and construction make them pretty different from just about anything else out there.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krisdrum said:

The 1 piece boot and extreme moldability of their materials and construction make them pretty different from just about anything else out there.

^ This is one of the reasons I wanted to check them out. 

But that’s great to know about the size, I’ve been a strict size 8 in Mission, sounds like my size in True might be even smaller. I’m more than likely going to go and try some on, glad to hear your experience has been a good one. I’ll update on how things go once I check them out, likely this Friday.