Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
boo10

CCM AS-V Skate Line

2 minutes ago, PBH said:

I tested them for a little bit. Very nice skate, but too stiff for me personally. 

I will note that the fit is significantly different than the Jetspeed, and Ribcor models as the new Tacks are all built on an updated last. Typically, in other CCM models, I am between a regular and a wide fit. In the new Tacks I am between a tapered and regular fit, with regular I still have a little too much room in the boot.

Overall, I feel there are significant improvements over the AS3 Pro in performance, weight, and the new tendon provides a longer stride. 

If you like a very stiff skate, then this is the option for you. 

You sir are a god send !  I honestly don't know if I prefer stiff skates or not. I know my 8+ year old Graf UltraG75's are well worn and not as stiff as they used to be.   Couple that with the fact that i'm 6'4 and 230 lbs.  I consider myself good, middle of the road men's league skater at 44 years old now.  I can still pound my skates if I really want to, but as i get older, I'm clearly not skating as hard as i used to anymore. 

As for my skating, for 20 plus years i have been skate with the top eyelet un-used, so I'm not sure how or if that factors in to skates and stiffness at all with these super stif skate, but being a bigger guy, i am leaning towards trying the new AS-V's out bc I want a skate to last many years and not break down with my large frame skating in them 2-3 times a week.

You wouldn't have any insight to next years Jetspeeds would ya  ( wink wink ) ?????

21 hours ago, noupf said:

You sir are a god send !  I honestly don't know if I prefer stiff skates or not. I know my 8+ year old Graf UltraG75's are well worn and not as stiff as they used to be.   Couple that with the fact that i'm 6'4 and 230 lbs.  I consider myself good, middle of the road men's league skater at 44 years old now.  I can still pound my skates if I really want to, but as i get older, I'm clearly not skating as hard as i used to anymore. 

As for my skating, for 20 plus years i have been skate with the top eyelet un-used, so I'm not sure how or if that factors in to skates and stiffness at all with these super stif skate, but being a bigger guy, i am leaning towards trying the new AS-V's out bc I want a skate to last many years and not break down with my large frame skating in them 2-3 times a week.

You wouldn't have any insight to next years Jetspeeds would ya  ( wink wink ) ?????

The next generation Jetspeed is going to see some significant changes as compared to FT1, FT2 and FT4. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 12:56 PM, PBH said:

The next generation Jetspeed is going to see some significant changes as compared to FT1, FT2 and FT4. 

mmmmmmmm, sounds tantalizing.  Might just have to wait for them.  Hope they have a better graphics package on the outside of the skate though.  The loud, red CCM is just such a turn off.

Edited by noupf
  • Like 1