Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bl4

Favorite 4-Roll Gloves?

On 9/5/2024 at 2:33 AM, flip12 said:

Bauer’s later 4-Rolls’ 4th roll from the top isn’t a rectangle, but a wide and short pentagon. The pinky side is sliced to better match the angles of the palm.

Some of Easton’s later 4-Rolls’ 3rd and 4th rolls were convex and concave, respectively. I’ve never worn a pair of Easton’s but I imagine this was worked out to better fit the fisty formation of the hand when holding a stick.

Both examples feature mostly straight rectangular rolls on the backhand, so they’re still 4-Rolls in my mind.

My Nexus 2900s have a little taper to the piece right over the knuckles where the fingers meet, but I never noticed until I looked.  I always thought of them as direct descendants to Cooper BDP Pros, which do have all perfect rectangle rolls.  Growing up those were my grail gloves.  I had SC Pros which were a short cuff model, hence the name.

• Like 1