Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTHL_AAA_HOCKEY

Are Refs calling the game to "tightly"

Are they?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest phillyfan

Not at all for the Flyers last night, they were letting everything go. Brodeur took 3 or 4 good shots right at JR's jaw before JR and the d-man started. There was a ton of interference....I ain't complaining as I think this is the way the game should be called, but, to answer your question, the referees last night weren't even close to "tight."

I've watched parts of most of the playoff games and the Flyer - Devils game was the ugliest one of all. Sharks and Blues game was good, from what I saw.

Most of the calls that have been made have been pretty fair but they really have to loosen up on the too many men. It's dumb calls like those that can ruin a game.

If the refs start making calls one game, they might as well keep it going through the series. It's confusing for players and fans to have to keep readjusting their "threshholds" every game in a given series.

As long as they try to be consistant, I don't mind a tight game.

I agree, but they're not being consistent at all. Perfect example- Tie Domi is tackled in front of the net by Chara (I think) and held down for a good 3 seconds while the puck is in the other end of the rink. No call. McCabe gives Hossa's stick an innocent slash while going for the puck in the corner and he gets called for a penalty 5 seconds after they called a questionable one on Renberg. Almo got a weak tripping call, too. I know there were a few weak calls that the Sens got too, I just wasn't pissed about those. In yesterday's game, it wasn't a team bias, it was just the refs being retarded.

Guest phillyfan

I've noticed from highlights and such I have seen that the referees have been calling stick infractions such as hooking, tripping, high-sticking, ect., but have let most of the interference and roughing go. I don't mind the referees letting the rough stuff go, the game moves a lot quicker, and has a lot more excitement.