Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
akravetz

Just saw this forum

This is cool. I'm a 14U coach in Peoria. Been coaching from 6U up to 14U as my kids age. For me, the biggest issue that I have, being a house (rec) league coach is the wide range of skills. I have some kids who can't skate. I have some kids who are used to going coast to coast and refuse to pass and I have some kids who are scared of playing but their parents make them. 🙂

So, I'm eager to hearing from others and watching the forum. I don't log in much as I'm busy but it'll be fun. Thanks. 

Andy in Peoria

• Like 1

As a House league coach myself, the biggest win is if they have fun and want to come back next year.

IP to U9 it's just about getting out there.

U11 is where I start to teach them teamplay and responsibilities.

U13 is where I would like to teach them good competitiveness and being a good teammate.

We did house until my son was 10.  We had enough kids for 4 teams in each division, 15 kids on a team.  The guys who ran the league were amazing.  You got practice plans days before, super organized on the ice, drills progressed throughout the year.  Each team had kids ranked 1-3 so your #1 line always went against the other teams #1 line, etc.  

I've coached baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, and hockey for over 25 years, all ages from 5 year olds to college.  Every level has unique challenges, all fun (even the hell season we just went through I guess overall was a net positive...)

It would be great if this forum got going for sure!