Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Profile Runner Length?

Preface: I rotate different pairs of skates for physio reasons with which I won't bore you.  Onward...

I was (and still am) skating in 7.5 AS3 Pro's w/263 holders.  Nothing fits my foot like these do, and I have no desire to try AS-V Pros currently.  I also skate in 100K Pro's.  Because of the design of the toe-cap, I had to move to a size 8.  The 8's don't fit quite as well as the 7.5's but I like them a lot.  Here's the thing, the 100K 8's have a 271 holder, and I really prefer them.  I am faster and more stable in all situations and don't find any loss of agility.  

The way I see it I have three options:
1-Just stick with them as is.
2-Change the Tacks holders to 271
and my actual question...
3-Change the profile of the 263 so they feel the same on ice.  I don't know if that's possible...is it?  I'm using a 65/35 CAGE profile @3/4" currently on both pairs.

Thanks all!

I was in 7.5 Ribcors and Jetspeeds with 263's for a while and loved them, then I got a deal on some FT4 Pros in the same size that had 271's.  I had them profiled the same but they just felt longer than I was used to, then I had the front/rear blended more and I found the sweet spot.  Flash fwd after using the FT4's for a couple of months and I had some loose rivets right before a game so I went back to my old Jetspeeds with the 263's... I could skate but they def felt shorter and I didn't feel as stable or as fast, next game I was back in the FT4's with 271's and everything felt so much better. 

So, if I were in your position I would go 271 on the AS3's, it's not much larger physically compared to 263 and doesn't look out of place on a 7.5 at all (not that aesthetics is really a deal breaker but I know we're all concerned at least a little bit lol).  

Appreciate the response.  I really don't care what they look like.  I'm just wondering if a flatter radius could accomplish the same effect.  I probably will end up just changing the holders. 

• Like 1