Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cal

Tydan Power Cut Profile

On 8/7/2023 at 2:37 PM, pgeorgan said:

Any updates? 

10’heal - small 10.75’ blend - 12.5’ Center - 10.75 blend, 10’ toe. 

It’s on their Instagram. Put a little pitch on it and it’s a good balanced profile. 

I’ve cut a few and people have liked it and stuck with it. Easy to skate on. 

On 1/17/2023 at 11:56 AM, stick9 said:

Yup, 100%. I have a buddy who replaced his old LS2 with LS4 and couldn't stand how the steel felt. I sent him all kinds of info about profiling and even offered to take them to a reputable shop for him. He ended up exchanging the LS4 for LS2, said he couldn't be bothered to relearn how to skate on new steel. I'm fairly certain he would have paid someone to grind the LS4 down had I not said something to him.

Honestly, the same goes for new skates. No matter how many times I caution people about the stiffness and height of the boot I still hear people complain about not being able to skate in the new ski boot skates. Dude, just drop and eyelet and get a decent profile....

45 years old, decent mens league skater and somebody who doesn't like to change things up.........this was my story.  However, after everything i read up on prior to purchasing, i never wanted to bail out on my new CCM 100K pro Skates and my profiled steel.  I've always skated with the top eyelt un-used and same went for my 100K pro's.  I just felt soooo much better. First skate or two i definitely caught the toe or heel on occasion, but it really only took me 3-4 skates to get comfortable and its been fantastic ever since. 

Edited by noupf
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 11:53 AM, Paluce said:

10’heal - small 10.75’ blend - 12.5’ Center - 10.75 blend, 10’ toe. 

It’s on their Instagram. Put a little pitch on it and it’s a good balanced profile. 

I’ve cut a few and people have liked it and stuck with it. Easy to skate on. 

Lol I have to go to IG to read about profiles? Sheesh. 

What about the Atomic K Cut? It says "top secret".

3 minutes ago, mcne0101 said:

I switched to the Atomic K-Cut from Quad 0 and I like it quite a bit more. Can't really tell you why, it just feels right.

Can you tell me what's different about it, in your opinion? 

29 minutes ago, mcne0101 said:

Feels like there is more blade contact, felt faster/better acceleration. 

What about stability. 

I'm curious if there are different Atomic K Cuts for different sized runners, as well. Wish I could get some more info on this. It's expensive to get new steel and a new profile for it to be a total dud. 

Edited by pgeorgan

1 hour ago, pgeorgan said:

What about stability. 

I'm curious if there are different Atomic K Cuts for different sized runners, as well. Wish I could get some more info on this. It's expensive to get new steel and a new profile for it to be a total dud. 

Not sure how to quantify stability from a profile. I've never really felt any more or less stable from a skate profile. 

I hear you on the expense. I actually tried it because Tydan was running a sale on steel which included free profiling. I got 280 LS Pulse Ti XL edge runners with the profile and a sharpen for $69.99. 

1 minute ago, mcne0101 said:

Not sure how to quantify stability from a profile. I've never really felt any more or less stable from a skate profile. 

I hear you on the expense. I actually tried it because Tydan was running a sale on steel which included free profiling. I got 280 LS Pulse Ti XL edge runners with the profile and a sharpen for $69.99. 

Oh nice. Was that like Black Friday by any chance? I was just about to order a custom profile from them. 

1 minute ago, pgeorgan said:

Oh nice. Was that like Black Friday by any chance? I was just about to order a custom profile from them. 

It was a pro stock blade sale. You could email them and see if they still would honor it. My guess they have a bunch of excess inventory of pro stock pulse blades their trying to unload before the new bauer holder takes over the world. 

1 minute ago, mcne0101 said:

It was a pro stock blade sale. You could email them and see if they still would honor it. My guess they have a bunch of excess inventory of pro stock pulse blades their trying to unload before the new bauer holder takes over the world. 

Oh I see what you're saying. The steel already had a profile, but you didn't pick it. 

6 minutes ago, pgeorgan said:

Oh I see what you're saying. The steel already had a profile, but you didn't pick it. 

The steel didn't have a profile, it was pro stock but unused. The sale allowed you to add a profile and sharpening of your choice for free.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcne0101 said:

This was the email with the ad, looks like it ran the first couple weeks of October.

image.thumb.png.04e4701df16c8b1fcdca6866b73182aa.pngimage.thumb.png.73bf84e8df67035a306624dc533aafb8.png

Dang. Must've missed it. I'm on their email list too.