Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
pucks_putts

Girdles: CCM Jetspeed vs Bauer ACP Pro

preference preference preference.

There are some traditional girdles out there that you still step into and are just fully elastic/stretchy, Warrior makes one and some Tacklas can still be found, I think True might have one too.  CCM has a hybrid where you step in but have adjustable thighs that have not only height adjustment but have a strap that goes around the thigh.  Then Bauer has a whole wrap style where the girdle opens up fully like a butterfly and you just wrap it around your body.  Some people like the traditional style and some like the wrap style, once you decide what you like you can go from there.  Most girdles will offer more mobility and lighter weight compared to traditional pants but may have less padding in certain areas.  Also, girdles are great because you can mix and match shells and collect shells that will match any team you're on lol, all girdle shells will fit all girdles, they simply slide on like shorts and secure with some combination of velcro closure and/or a belt, no need to actually attach to the girdle.

Personally I could never get into the full wrap style, I tried a couple of Bauers and they never felt good and I didn't like how I had to put the on (I started with old grey Coopers then a black Cooper, then a Tackla, then a couple of Eastons... there was no wrap stuff back then lol), the Bauer ones (MX3 era) never felt very protective to me.  I then had a 9K for a while and loved it until I started wearing a CCM Super Tacks which is perfect for me, it has great adjustability but retains most of the traditional feel, also it's super protective and pretty lightweight.  The Jetspeed seems like a simplified version with less adjustments so I guess that would be my recommendation for something you can probably easily find at retail (it probably fits like the Super Tacks... small, so I would def try one on if possible).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used girdles for about 25 year, and I got a bunch of advice on here a couple of years back when I was looking for a replacement for my very old Tackla girdle. (Thanks, @xstartxtodayx!) I was able to try on a bunch and didn't love the offerings I tried from Bauer, CCM, & Warrior. The Bauer full wrap style didn't work for me either, and neither the CCM or Warrior offered me the same fit I was used to - both were fine, but felt more like I was wearing traditional pants. I actually wound up ordering a JAMM 5000 after some discussion on here. I hadn't been able to try one on in advance, but the JAMM appeared to be a rebranded Tackla girdle, and it was - it fits exactly like my old Tacklas (albeit not stretched out from many years of use). There are more limited adjustment options than on some of the newer major brand offerings - just a belt and draw string, so no velcro or length adjustment offerings. I've been very happy with it. It's comfortable & as protective as I need for beer league. And, in fairness, it's just as protective as the models that I wore through high school and college without incident. I'm a taller, skinnier guy, so I can imagine that the limited adjustability might matter less for me than for folks with giant quads, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1