Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borsch

Grip Hockey Stick Is Wearing Through My Gloves!

I've got this Vapour6 shaft 2000 model -i think, had it ages but never used it -thought it was too flexy...and will have to use it now-everything else is broken and I would like to wait with buying a new stick until spring. Anyway - its a perfectly fine shaft , BUT !!! ...grrrr... it has this very rough and hard grip coating (like sand paper or file) that gonna reck my lovely easton gloves :angry: Three seams are already gone and my poor gf said this is the last time that she sews my stinky gloves back together :huh: So do you guys remember these shafts, and what did you do with them to stop this happening? Cover every square mm of this shaft with hokey tape?... Any advice?

Also for my future reference: are all "grip" sticks are like that?

Some folks used to complain about that with Inno 1100's (with the Polar Fibre) too.

Would polishing it with sand paper work - or would it reck the shaft?..

no, not all grip shafts are like that, infact i doubt any of the new OPS or shafts have sandpaper grip. My friend also has that shaft, but he's used it for a while and the grip has completely worn off, just from use-- got no idea how it did

Ok thanks, guys! I'll try sanding it "lightly" and wont think badly of ALL grip shafts and OPSs ;) But really what was Bauer thinking?!. my god... <_< No wonder Easton had the shaft market by the throat all those years.