Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hockeydad97

Skatescribe profile, anyone skating on?

On 11/9/2023 at 7:28 AM, pgeorgan said:

What quad profiles were they on, specifically? The quads are a little aggressive and require quite a bit of athletic balance. They're not for everyone.

What exactly is a 981/Quad hybrid, anyway?  

Got a set of profiled steel en route courtesy of Paluce. Boy went from stock to Quads early this year and took to them immediately. He’s coming from a Quad 2 to Hybrid so I’ll do write up after some time on ice. 

1 minute ago, OCpuckhead11 said:

Got a set of profiled steel en route courtesy of Paluce. Boy went from stock to Quads early this year and took to them immediately. He’s coming from a Quad 2 to Hybrid so I’ll do write up after some time on ice. 

Nice. 

I spoke to the good folks over at Tydan and they're going to cook me up a Quad XS/Zero hybrid. 

On 9/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, Paluce said:

The Skatescribe Gold Profile is really nice fast and Agile Profile. Probably my favourite from them.  (12’ heal, 14’ Center, 8.65’ toe.)  My boy tried it out of curiosity and he liked it a lot, but went back to his previous profile which was a ME Quad/981 hybrid. Other boys on his team also tried it and liked it. 

What hollow did your kid and his buddies like the gold at? Mine just tried the gold , straight ahead was fast but he didn't like the crossovers....felt like he was going to wipe everytime he crossed over....

He was on a 92/75 FBV.   
It’s a year later now and he skates on the 981/Quad Hybrid (CompetitiveEdgeHockey.ca) and a 98/50 FBV.    His edge work is top notch so he can skate on a /50cut now.   So fast.