Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
pisani34

Does this Prosharp Quad look right?

Pictured are my sons skates, it is the first time either of us have ever gotten a prosharp quad, my son and I have both been on Max Edge 981.

His are a 212 holder on his junior size 1 3S's which came with the LS Balance runners with the 13' profile.  I took them into my LHS today to get the quad 3XS put on them for the upcoming season.

Coming off the ice he said he felt fine and they felt good, but I just want to make sure that the profile was actually applied correctly.

The top LS1 used blade is his outgoing runner with the ME 981, and the bottom runner is the quad 3XS. To me it still seems like there is quite a bit of toe height, and when matching the blades together I notice quite a bit more heel height in the quad vs the 981.  From a quick eye test, does it look like the ship has applied a quad correctly? Or am I missing something here at all?

PXL_20230929_015553993_MP.jpg

No one's going to be able to tell you from looking at a picture. If your son says it feels fine it's most likely fine since he's the one using it. They're all done via a template and yes there can be user error it's unlikely 

• Like 1

iirc, the far toe/heel are not part of the profile, I know I had my toe/heel blended a bit after getting mine done on new steel since I felt like they were too boxy.  I'm no expert but that's what my friend who does the profiling told me she did for me.