Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
x-axis

adidas gameworn jerseys

Hi.

Haven't purchased a NHL jersey recently but trying to purchase a custom Adidas one. Are the numbers still sewn on or are they heat pressed now? I believe the namebars are still sewn on? Someone correct me before I make a bad purchase. Thank you. 

On gamers or retail jerseys? Your title says game worn. Those are obviously still stitched same as they always have been. But in your post you say custom which I don’t know what you mean. Are you referring to retail ‘authentic’ jerseys? Those are nowhere close to the same quality or construction of gamers.

Whether the numbers are stitched is also dependent on where you buy it. Some places heat press, others stitch. some numbers are twill, others are a single layer faux twill. 

43 minutes ago, Westside said:

On gamers or retail jerseys? Your title says game worn. Those are obviously still stitched same as they always have been. But in your post you say custom which I don’t know what you mean. Are you referring to retail ‘authentic’ jerseys? Those are nowhere close to the same quality or construction of gamers.

Whether the numbers are stitched is also dependent on where you buy it. Some places heat press, others stitch. some numbers are twill, others are a single layer faux twill. 

I don't know what I can get my hands on. Ideally gameworn but if not I will customize to look similar to pro stock. I like wearing a size 50/52 jersey with not much padding underneath. Size 50 isn't really an option for gameworn. 

I'm looking for a black adidas Canucks skate logo jersey that I will either modify or do work to which is why I stated custom. 

By ‘similar to pro stock’ I’m assuming you mean the customization because the on-ice jerseys are completely different and you can’t make retail look like them. VanBase sells the Canucks GW stuff so it’s worth reaching out to them or checking their site when they do put the jerseys up there. Seeing as the black alts were only used last year (so far), they’re going to be more expensive than the home/road jerseys. Also a good idea to join a Canucks GW facebook page to see if anyone’s selling. As a jersey/game worn collector myself, I hope you wouldn’t even think about stripping a gamer to have it customized differently. 

You’ll mostly find 56 and 58 as you’re probably aware. I also prefer 50/52 in Reebok (or CCM for that matter), but 54 in Adidas actually fits pretty well and 56 can be manageable. 

If you want official on-ice customization, it’s done by a company in Vancouver called Ink Pad (https://www.inkpadshop.com). Not sure if they take on public work or if they only do it for the team so you’d have to reach out to them. If you’re buying a retail jersey then I don’t think it’s even worth being 100% accurate because the jerseys are so bad. If you go the retail route and buy a blank, you can check out customize sports or hockey authentic, both of which come pretty close and can offering stitching for whatever player you want. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Westside said:

By ‘similar to pro stock’ I’m assuming you mean the customization because the on-ice jerseys are completely different and you can’t make retail look like them. VanBase sells the Canucks GW stuff so it’s worth reaching out to them or checking their site when they do put the jerseys up there. Seeing as the black alts were only used last year (so far), they’re going to be more expensive than the home/road jerseys. Also a good idea to join a Canucks GW facebook page to see if anyone’s selling. As a jersey/game worn collector myself, I hope you wouldn’t even think about stripping a gamer to have it customized differently. 

You’ll mostly find 56 and 58 as you’re probably aware. I also prefer 50/52 in Reebok (or CCM for that matter), but 54 in Adidas actually fits pretty well and 56 can be manageable. 

If you want official on-ice customization, it’s done by a company in Vancouver called Ink Pad (https://www.inkpadshop.com). Not sure if they take on public work or if they only do it for the team so you’d have to reach out to them. If you’re buying a retail jersey then I don’t think it’s even worth being 100% accurate because the jerseys are so bad. If you go the retail route and buy a blank, you can check out customize sports or hockey authentic, both of which come pretty close and can offering stitching for whatever player you want. 

I went to college for product design. I have a lot of professional experience sewing and also doing mods to hockey jerseys and equipment for about 6 years pre-pandemic. I've been out of the loop with gameworn since it's never been of interest to me until now. 

I've only owned pro practice jerseys but that has not been my experience at least lengthwise with adidas compared to ccm/reebok. They are completely different fits and patterns as well. Adidas in Size 50 lengthwise works best for me where I'd normally wear a 54 in CCM/ Reebok because it fits wider and shorter with a different cut at the bottom. 

I appreciate all the added tips. A lot of that I did not know.  That's awesome! I'll give them a ring. 

What do you mean by modifying a jersey though? The Indonesian made retail jerseys are made from a completely different material than the ones made in Canada that players wear.  That means the starting point for both jerseys is so different that they'll never been the same. As is the cut (the retail jerseys flair out toward the waist) and their sleeves are narrow. The shoulder dimples are shallow, the quality of the patches are thinner, they lack of reinforced elbows, and the 'fight strap' is a joke. I suppose you could tailor the jersey to fix the waist, although the sleeves will still be too narrow compared to pro stock. You could also add reinforced elbows and a better quality fight strap, but why put all that time/money into a subpar product?

Your comment about sizing goes against almost every jersey collector since Adidas took over. Most agree that you can size up one size from Reebok and be fine (ie 50 Reebok, 52 Adidas). As someone with a pretty sizeable collection (all on-ice authentic or gamers) spanning 40 years of manufacturers, I've done measurement comparisons in the past and there's no way someone would fit in a 54 Reebok but prefer a 50 Adidas; retail or not.

This thread is making me feel so old... back in my day (the early/mid 90's) you had retail jerseys or authentic pro jerseys that were the same as the teams wore and were much harder to purchase (only a few stores sold those, I got mine from Gerry Cosbys who were affiliated with the Rangers).  The pro ones had the embroidered NHL crest next to the CCM logo on the back and had the fighting strap, I had a Messier one and it was awesome.  I'm glad I don't collect or wear jerseys anymore, this is way too confusing lol

27 minutes ago, xstartxtodayx said:

This thread is making me feel so old... back in my day (the early/mid 90's) you had retail jerseys or authentic pro jerseys that were the same as the teams wore and were much harder to purchase (only a few stores sold those, I got mine from Gerry Cosbys who were affiliated with the Rangers).  The pro ones had the embroidered NHL crest next to the CCM logo on the back and had the fighting strap, I had a Messier one and it was awesome.  I'm glad I don't collect or wear jerseys anymore, this is way too confusing lol

100%. It was so much easier before Reebok adopted the EDGE system in 2007. Before that it was authentic or replica and both could be found pretty much everywhere (at least around Chicagoland). Even with Reebok, there were a few places you could find 2.0 on-ice authentic jerseys and you could find them in just about every size imaginable. Since Adidas branded their retail jerseys 'authentic' it caused way too much confusion to casual fans. And finding actual on-ice jerseys became a major chore outside of gamers. Even then, finding smaller sizes (52, even 54, let alone 50) was extremely difficult. I've heard Fanatics is actually going to offer on-ice authentics for sale which will be interesting to see although I'm not a fan of Fanatics period so we'll see how that goes. Either way, collecting jerseys 20+ years ago was definitely easier than it is today

• Like 1