Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Radien55

Remove PP/Pitch from Quad/Zuperior profiles?

I read that they have the pivot point moved back 20mm on Quad and Zuperior profiles.

In neutral skates, I would like it, but if you are in a boot that is already pitched, like Vapors, it might become too much. 
Is it possible to remove the PP/Pitch from a Quad or Zuperior Profile, or should player in Vapors look at other profiling alternatives?

If it is possible to profile them neutral. How is it done, what instructions should the tech follow?

It is possible; I wouldn't go to someone who doesn't know how to do this already. You just move your pivot point on the steel to adjust. The real thing though is we're not talking much pitch change as it is compared to a Vapor or Supreme boot. If you can't skate on the normal profile as it is switching the pivot point isn't going to change it enough for you to be able to skate on it now. I would just get it stock if you haven't done it already. Would make replication in the future substantially more probable of being correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raganblink said:

It is possible; I wouldn't go to someone who doesn't know how to do this already. You just move your pivot point on the steel to adjust. The real thing though is we're not talking much pitch change as it is compared to a Vapor or Supreme boot. If you can't skate on the normal profile as it is switching the pivot point isn't going to change it enough for you to be able to skate on it now. I would just get it stock if you haven't done it already. Would make replication in the future substantially more probable of being correct.

Aha I see. From reading comments, I got the impression that these profiles significantly put you on your toes and I was afraid it would become too much if the skate was already pitched. Perhaps it is not that bad.

You can change the pitch on any profile.

Because the toe of these profile is very tight, it naturally removes more steel at the toe. At the toe you will feel pitch forward.    In the middle of the profile at the balance point however, it should feel pretty neutral.  

if you remove some pitch or move the pivot point forward, you will probably feel like you are leaning back a bit when you are skating on the middle of the blade, but you won’t feel like you are falling forward when you are on your toes.. CAD drawings help explain this easier.  

make small tweaks 5mm forwards or back, or +1, -1 and see if you like it more or less. 

• Like 1

I'll echo the  comment above. All you have to do is goto a competent shop and ask them to profile your skates to what every profile you want and ask for a neutral pitch or what ever pitch you want. Simple as that.

And yes, changing the pitch can make a significant difference. How much? I depends on the skater.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 5:02 AM, Radien55 said:

I read that they have the pivot point moved back 20mm on Quad and Zuperior profiles.

In neutral skates, I would like it, but if you are in a boot that is already pitched, like Vapors, it might become too much. 
Is it possible to remove the PP/Pitch from a Quad or Zuperior Profile, or should player in Vapors look at other profiling alternatives?

If it is possible to profile them neutral. How is it done, what instructions should the tech follow?

It's very simple. Any decent store should know how to do this, If they don't, you should not let them touch your skates. 

• Like 1