Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
krisdrum

Profile for added stability - short runners

I have small feet, currently in a pair of TF9 size 4, so running 238 runners.  The stock True steel profile made me feel like I was trying to balance on a rolling pin.  I had a local shop do a Prosharp Quad profile (not sure which version he ended up using, I'm assuming the XXS), which definitely helped, but think I might want to try something even more stable, given how short the runners are.  Should I be looking at the Zuperior profiles (seem marketed towards agility) or the more basic dual profiles like the Combi 10/13 or the Detroit?  

I had a similar issue when I went down in size in skates from a size 5 to 4.5. I found it was way too easy to get up onto my toes. I went from the stock 10' to 12' to 13' and then settled on a 13'/26' with a negative pitch because they didn't have larger templates for single radius.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 2:32 PM, krisdrum said:

I have small feet, currently in a pair of TF9 size 4, so running 238 runners.  The stock True steel profile made me feel like I was trying to balance on a rolling pin.  I had a local shop do a Prosharp Quad profile (not sure which version he ended up using, I'm assuming the XXS), which definitely helped, but think I might want to try something even more stable, given how short the runners are.  Should I be looking at the Zuperior profiles (seem marketed towards agility) or the more basic dual profiles like the Combi 10/13 or the Detroit?  

Go with the Zup. 

• Like 1

Thanks all.  Spoke with Jason Binnie at Binnie's in Pittsburgh as well and he also recommended a Zup.  Went with the Zup Small based on his input.  Got my blades back the other day, but of course am sick, so am missing tonight's skate to give them their first run.  Hopefully will feel better and can at least give them a test run this weekend at an open skate or stick and puck if I can find one.  

Edited by krisdrum
  • Like 2