Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Cove

Removing pro stock glove shot blocker?

Has anyone removed that big peice that goes over the back of the hand? I hate how they look and want to order a pair of FT1s and Im wondering how easy / safe the removal may be.

Yep. Use an exacto knife and go slow making sure you’re only cutting through the excess fabric holding the shot blocker in place. If you want after the shot blocker itself is removed, you can use a seam ripper to get in the small space between the glove breaks to remove the fabric that was leftover from fabric that was cut off. 

Did that with a pair of Jetspeeds and you would never know there was a shot blocker on them 

2v2eCP3N5x1YqB.jpg

Edited by Westside
  • Like 1

Very quick and easy task.  X-Acto works better than a seam ripper, you can just snip each seam that holds on the shot blocker (once you get ne side free the second side of that blocker is easier since you can now lift/pull it up which exposes the seams more).  I started trying to use the seam ripper before realizing I was making it more difficult for myself.  Each glove will be different, some have larger/easier to get to areas between the padding where the shot blocker was attached so just take your time and check it all out before cutting anything, this way you know you're cutting the right ones.