Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

Euro Tip and Kovalchuk Pro shooting

So am I the only one that shoots like this?  since i was in 8th grade in 1998 to present i've always shot off my toe.  I used the easton euro tip wood blade, and have transitioned to the kovalchuk pro stock curve since.  the closed toe.   I always would do a pull in curl snapshot/wrist shot probably in 1998 and still do to this day.  We had a big basement and a shooting and net pad and I would always try new stuff.  I would use the toe of my blade and create a sling shot type motion.  

I've been looking at other curves.  Do you recommend changing curve or keeping the same?

New Kovalchuk Curve on Other Sticks - Hockey Gear - Pro Stock Hockey -  Sports2k.com

PRO7117 (ST: Ilya Kovalchuk Pro Stock Curve, Newest

Edited by iceman8310

On 3/4/2024 at 10:16 AM, iceman8310 said:

So am I the only one that shoots like this?  since i was in 8th grade in 1998 to present i've always shot off my toe.  I used the easton euro tip wood blade, and have transitioned to the kovalchuk pro stock curve since.  the closed toe.   I always would do a pull in curl snapshot/wrist shot probably in 1998 and still do to this day.  We had a big basement and a shooting and net pad and I would always try new stuff.  I would use the toe of my blade and create a sling shot type motion.  

I've been looking at other curves.  Do you recommend changing curve or keeping the same?

If it works for you, why change it? 

This sounds like the "new" way to shoot.  Back in he day we were always taught to shoot from the heel, then the P28 came out and everyone switched over to shooting from the toe.  Now it seems that's the more common approach and using the pull in and shoot method (to alter angles, etc.) is very popular. 

So with that in mind, many of the curves out there will accommodate your style so you can play around with other curves, I would experiment with the P28, P29/92/90 (all basically the same, P29 is CCM's P92, and P90 is CCM's pro code for the P29), or my favorite, the P90TM.  The P90TM is a cross between the P28 and P29/92/90, has the toe curve of a P28 but a little less open and with a more squarish blade shape like the 29/92/90, for me it's the best of both worlds.  Or just stick with what you have if you're comfortable.  I hate change so once I find something I like I stick with it until I find an issue or real reason to change.

10 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

This sounds like the "new" way to shoot.  Back in he day we were always taught to shoot from the heel, then the P28 came out and everyone switched over to shooting from the toe.  Now it seems that's the more common approach and using the pull in and shoot method (to alter angles, etc.) is very popular. 

So with that in mind, many of the curves out there will accommodate your style so you can play around with other curves, I would experiment with the P28, P29/92/90 (all basically the same, P29 is CCM's P92, and P90 is CCM's pro code for the P29), or my favorite, the P90TM.  The P90TM is a cross between the P28 and P29/92/90, has the toe curve of a P28 but a little less open and with a more squarish blade shape like the 29/92/90, for me it's the best of both worlds.  Or just stick with what you have if you're comfortable.  I hate change so once I find something I like I stick with it until I find an issue or real reason to change.

I had a european coach for power skating.  One from russia and another from sweden.  Its funny i get that its the "new way" but I never shot off the heel.  I'm 40 now

Edited by iceman8310
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, iceman8310 said:

I had a european coach for power skating.  One from russia and another from sweden.  Its funny i get that its the "new way" but I never shot off the heel.  I'm 40 now

probably just the "new" North American way lol (and "new" to me may be the last 20+ years haha).  I'm 44, back in the 90's it was all heel all the time lol, I used this square blade bent at the heel, it was like a paddle to a boat, I wouldn't dare use that now lol