Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tvguy

Bauer Mach Recoil Tongue

Need new skates, I like the Machs but after wearing for 15 mins at the store there was a slight pressure point in the tongue about 3 eyelets up from the toe.  Anyone else have a similar issue? Will these tongues pack in a bit, or will that insert soften up?  I think it’s from the stiffness of the insert. Will a bake help?  Is the tongue the same on the Shadow?

All the things you listed could alleviate itself but there's no guarantee. But chances are the tongue will pack in and or just don't tie it as tight in that area.  Shadow tongue is pretty similar but supposed to be a bit more flexible. 

15 hours ago, ProfessorBarDownski said:

May try thinner socks or dabble around with different insoles. God I love those recoil tongues !! Btw I go barefoot. 

You know what. Now that you mention it when I first tried the machs I did get that slight pressure point from the tongue. That was when I tried it in store when it first came out.  Fast forward a year later when I actually bought them and I didn't feel the same issue at all. But to me the pressure didn't seem like anything I was concerned about. I wasnt the reason I decided on passing on them back then. I really think lace tension in that area would solve that issue by itself.