Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Cavs019

Tacks XF vs FT6/FT6 Pro Fit

Time for new skates - coming out of Machs and going back to CCMs. Have any of you guys tried on or skated in both the new XF (Pro is out of the question as it’s too stiff) and FT6/FT6 Pro and can speak to fit, flex and boot cut/height between the two? My LHS doesn’t have both on hand in my size so I can’t directly compare myself. I’d be a tapered in both but I imagine the same would apply regular vs regular etc.

On a separate note - can the FT6 be custom ordered with the tongue stitched in instead of with the goofy XS system? Thanks!

Edited by Cavs019

This doesn’t directly answer your question, but if you’re able to get ahold of a pair of XF skates, here is the height of an FT6 Pro boot with step black steel from the floor to the top of the cuff. Size 8.5R 

2v2eLS8Vyx1YqB.jpg

On 8/17/2024 at 2:37 PM, Westside said:

This doesn’t directly answer your question, but if you’re able to get ahold of a pair of XF skates, here is the height of an FT6 Pro boot with step black steel from the floor to the top of the cuff. Size 8.5R 

2v2eLS8Vyx1YqB.jpg

Not sure how relevant or accurate that pic is. If you wanted to measure the height of the boot do it from the inside with the foot bed removed as the runner and holder heights mean nothing in terms of fit.

I've seen multiple pairs of pro-stock CCM's with standard tongues and toe caps. Its doable, but at what cost. FWIW, I find the XS tongue to be a bit gimmickie. 

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Not sure how relevant or accurate that pic is. If you wanted to measure the height of the boot do it from the inside with the foot bed removed as the runner and holder heights mean nothing in terms of fit.

I've seen multiple pairs of pro-stock CCM's with standard tongues and toe caps. It’s doable, but at what cost. FWIW, I find the XS tongue to be a bit gimmickie. 

Both skates have the same steel and same holders installed. But I hear what you’re saying