Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vivaotravez12

Referee Taxes

This is for you veteran officials. This is my second year of officiating, first time with the taxes. I know I have to pay them, I know I can write items off, I do not know what I can write off. Talking to a fellow official, he said I could include: skates, tblade runners, laces, pants, shin pads, girdle, jersey, under armor, helmet, visor, whistles, gas, and wear & tear on the car. These are all legitamate write offs? If I remember correctly from Economics, IRS probably will not audit a couple of grand. That means that I may not need all of the receipts if I do not have them still?

Feel free to politely fix anyof my facts, or give any advice.

Thanks

Maybe because he's not making enough to get taxed, so he gets it back. That's what's happening to me and my part-time.

Everything you included can be deducted. As can postage if you mail in forms or internet access if games are assigned via email or a website. If you live more than a few miles from the rink or only do top level games your mileage should just about zero out your game checks.

I agree...when I did a recent cost per mile based on current gas prices, insurance, depreciation and maintenance on older car which my son drives, it came out to about $.52/ mile(detailed billing).....I did it to show him how much it cost just to drive the 75 miles each way to practice..... and that cost does not reflect any performance enhancement costs...which he is so fond of lol....Those numbers are based on the cost of running a 12 year old car, 15,000 miles per year, and insuring a 19 year old driver.

I know many refs who do that kind of distance to ref games...I hope they get well compensated....150 miles @ $.52/mile = $78.00........

I agree...when I did a recent cost per mile based on current gas prices, insurance, depreciation and maintenance on older car which my son drives, it came out to about $.52/ mile(detailed billing).....I did it to show him how much it cost just to drive the 75 miles each way to practice..... and that cost does not reflect any performance enhancement costs...which he is so fond of lol....Those numbers are based on the cost of running a 12 year old car, 15,000 miles per year, and insuring a 19 year old driver.

I know many refs who do that kind of distance to ref games...I hope they get well compensated....150 miles @ $.52/mile = $78.00........

Last I checked the max deduction for unreimbursed mileage is 35.5 cents per mile.

In the US, for 2004, the mileage was something like .375/mile, and for 2005 something like .405/mile.

Not sure what (if any) the Canadian rules are.

Cool, I thought they upped it.