Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

hot shots or hornets

I do know some guys in the MLRH, PIHA and XIHL who have tried both..and preferred the grip and durability of the Hornets. Both were good, but the Hornets got the nod.

RR wheels tend to last longer than most other company's wheels. I've heard of people getting comperable to new grip after about 6 months.

I love my Rink Rats. Right now I am running Hot shots at the 1 and 4 position on the skates and Hornets on the 2 and 3. The combination works great for speed and also control and they have lasted me a lot longer than any other wheel I have ever used. Right now they are starting to get torn up a little bit after about 7 months of skating but while they look bad, they still grip like crazy.

I like the hornets, but I have the softer wheels 76a in the front two (72mm) and the 78a in the 80mm spots.. I think the 78a's are just a bit too hard as I spill EVERY time I try a stop in these things. I've tried to get used to them but they just have no grip for me at all, I've switched back and forth to my dynasty pros two or three times now.

I think that the 78as are just a bit too hard for me despite being about 196lbs typically I need to use harder wheels, but I definitely need to try the 76as in the back because the 78s don't grip at all.

It may be a result of it being cold as well (typically playing in 30-50 degree weather, not much heat in the rink in the winter!).

just bought hornets for 70 bucks. Thanks for everyone who replied

Tell us all how long they last, I need some new wheels eventually...