Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Just curious.......Brian Sakic

I was checking joe sakic's stats and came across his brothers as well. Brian put up some decent numbers in just about every league he played in. Just wondering, for those that have ever seen him play, was he very good?

And why didn't he at least stick around in the big show for a while? Just couldn't make the jump?

Jr how do u happen to know that? Speaking of brother's Wayne Gretzky's brother (whose name I can not think of right now) had 1goal in his only career game with Tampa Bay does anyone know why he never stuck around

Jr how do u happen to know that? Speaking of brother's Wayne Gretzky's brother (whose name I can not think of right now) had 1goal in his only career game with Tampa Bay does anyone know why he never stuck around

Brent Gretzky? I remembered I had his hockey card haha I also wonder what happened to him...Highest scoring brother duo in NHL history!

I just wanted to make a comment about Brian Sakic... re: the alcohol. You're right. He was messed up all through Jr's and still managed to be an amazing player. He was one of the best players that I've seen... as good as, if not better than, his brother. (JMHO) When it came time to make the team in Washington, talent wise, he had it, but problem wise, nobody wanted to take the chance. I think that's sad; here's a great player, with problems, and nobody wants to help clean him up. Has anybody put the 2 and 2 together that he played with Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury under Graham James? That's what bothers me the most... people say "he drank his talent away", but, wouldn't you? Especially if you were exposed to such a situation at such a young age, and nobody to help you?? Obviously I used to know Brian, but I don't now... I just hope that he's gotten help.

i remember whent he whole graham james scandal broke theo had his worst year ever. he refused to talk about the situation and claimed to be asleep in the back seat of the van while one specific incident occured between kennedy and james. The scary thing is is that last i heard james is coaching in europe right now.

Graham James coached Fleury and Kennedy in Moose Jaw, then moved around and ended up in Swift Current. Kennedy followed him to Swift Current.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues...0009991985.html

Graham brought Kennedy with him (or traded for him shortly after he got there...)I thinkthat is the way it went.

It was part of the blackmail...he had to keep Sheldon close to make sure he had control and that he wouldn't talk. If Kennedy had stayed in Moose Jaw w/o James, I bet that whole story would have come out a lot sooner.

i remember whent he whole graham james scandal broke theo had his worst year ever. he refused to talk about the situation and claimed to be asleep in the back seat of the van while one specific incident occured between kennedy and james. The scary thing is is that last i heard james is coaching in europe right now.

You are right. That freaktard is coaching juniors in Portugal or Spain if I remember...there was an article on him about a year ago....they questioned parents if they knew of his past but most of them didn´t know or care......I don´t know what has happend since then, though....