Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve

State Wars

I was looking at it the way from (im 87 birth year) that if there were not enough people in my year that they moved you up a year to 88. Just depends on how you looked at it.

Yea, but you would actually be moving down a year. Right now an average 88 would be 16-17 depending on the month he was born. An 87 would be 17-18 depending on his birth month.

all you 91's out there...

why do you even bother trying out when you know theres gonna be a team kentucky filled with snake eyes?

i mean come on you will fall to our might lol ;)

From what I heard the Powerade Arena is still scheduled as the site for the tourny. Supposedly the rink is not done yet and they have had financial problems building the new rink and things like. I hope it gets done, looks like it should be an awesome place.

Hmm, looks like the arena might have been changed. State Wars website is showing The Edge Ice Arena in Bensenville, IL as the site for State Wars. There isn't any official release that I can find though that shows the change being made.

miracleman4: ill be trying out for the 85-86 select

yes, i read also that the tournament has changed to bensonville IL,

will this deter anyone from trying out, or encourage?

also, it isnt a roller facility, but rather an ice facility,

it says its ice court, how is this different from sport court?

They said they will be transfering all the ice rinks to inline for the competition.

I'm glad they are moving it, because Chicago is actually closer to me than po-dunk wherever Wisconsin. I'm just worried about practices because I will have to drive 3 hours to get to them.

To all players and parents,

First off, I would like to thank you for your support of State Wars Hockey and for registering for your State Tryout. We currently have over 2500 anxious players registered for their State Tryouts hoping to be selected by our unbiased selection committee for their State team. By the end of our very big Pennsylvania State Tryout this weekend, we will already have 50 youth teams signed up and ready to do battle this August at STATE WARS. What makes this even more exciting is that we still have tryouts scheduled in over 25 other States, so the expectations for STATE WARS is growing each day.

As many of you may know, there have been constant delays in the construction of the POWERade Iceport in Cudahy, WI. These delays are totally out of our control and have nothing at all to do with State Wars Hockey. We can no longer risk the possibility of these delays effecting STATE WARS and we had to make a move in order to have security. We have found a beautiful new facility in a suburb of Chicago to host STATE WARS this August 5-14. (All of our block schedule dates have remained the same) The EDGE Ice Arena is located in Bensenville and houses 3 full sized NHL rinks (200’ x 85’) with seamless glass and NHL boards. The main arena has stadium seating for 2500 fans and 9 luxury boxes. This fully air conditioned facility is the training center for the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and the home arena for the Chicago Steel of the USHL. The Tier I USA Hockey Nationals are also being held at the EDGE this year. “We are extremely excited to be bringing two of the largest and prolific hockey events of the year to our facilityâ€, said EDGE Director Stan Urban.

What makes the EDGE so special is its proximity to all the major airports and its amenities. The EDGE is only 6 miles from O’Hare Airport, 20 minutes from Midway Airport, and even little over an hour from Milwaukee’s Airport. While in this Bensenville Village, all the State Wars families will have many things to keep them busy when not in the rink. This 88 acre property also holds a 9-hole golf course, 2 swimming pools, an outdoor inline rink, a skate park, a rock climbing wall, a soccer field, a baseball field, volleyball courts, basketball courts, a track, and a boat launch. So most importantly all the kids will be able to keep very busy in between games and enjoy the beautiful August weather.

We will be posting all hotel information up on our website at www.statewarshockey.com <http://www.statewarshockey.com/> in the next few days. Obviously you will not be looking to book your hotel stay until after your State tryout. Please wait to get all hotel information from your State Director and from our office. There are many hotels within a 15-20 minute radius of The EDGE that will be offering special “State Wars ratesâ€. We do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused anyone but we are only doing what is necessary to make sure that STATE WARS is your best roller hockey experience of the summer.

Thank you so much for your support and understanding!

Tim and Jason

State Wars Hockey National Directors