Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

where do you hope to play

as this season is drawing to a close (for most of us.) i was just wondering what you hope to be playing next year. hopefully midget AAA minor for me. thanks

I would like to play midget minor AAA but i doubt I'd make the team so I'll probably end up playing u16 AA and varsity at my high school.

Unfortunately, I don't have the $4,000+ for Juniors this year, so it looks like it's going to be Midget Major AAA/HS Varsity for me this season...

Unfortunately, I don't have the $4,000+ for Juniors this year, so it looks like it's going to be Midget Major AAA/HS Varsity for me this season...

Did u get invited to camp? I decided to wait another year, i could play this year but it wouldnt make much since being a middle-aged 89. The coach told me i could make the team but there's some big fellas in Jr.b and one more year couldnt kill me at regular travel. Might go to buffalo saints

By the way, what team for jr.s?? Buffalo allstars.......

CaptainZbubble

Hopefully 1st Hockey at St. Andrew's. They were the #1 high school team in Canada this year, so it will be a higher level than the other one that I would be playing (Bantam AAA). But I don't know where I will be.

Did u get invited to camp? I decided to wait another year, i could play this year but it wouldnt make much since being a middle-aged 89. The coach told me i could make the team but there's some big fellas in Jr.b and one more year couldnt kill me at regular travel. Might go to buffalo saints

By the way, what team for jr.s?? Buffalo allstars.......

CaptainZbubble

I got invited to try-out for the Buffalo Lightning. Seems like a great organization (Junior B (Blades) and Junior C (Stars) affiliates), but a bit too pricy at this point in time, and a LONG drive for me (about an hour each way...). I'd love to play, but it would be one Hell of a hassle.

The Saints, eh? I'm planning on going to Wheatfield. It looks like try-outs for the two teams (Blades and Saints) are on the same nights, at the same times, so I guess I won't be going out for both of them and making my decision later...

Jesus! Now that I look at all the try-out schedules and everything, it looks like just about all of the teams in this area are conducting their "celebrations of ability" at the same time...Usually they try to stagger them so guys can play wherever they want/can.

Not to be a doucher or anything, but is Junior C in the states a joke? In Canada it is the same as House League, but they call it 'a competitive situation' for older hockey players (like 16-21ish). In Ontario it isn't as bad as out in AB, but it is still a gongshow and all they do is fight and hit.

You automaticly make Junior C here, Junior B here is good hockey but harder to make. Junior A (SJHL) is top notch tough noised hockey, allmost as good as WHL.

Junior B here is equivalent to Midget AAA or a really, really dominant AA player, for the younger guys. The vets wouldn't make AAA teams, IMO. The AJHL, MJHL, SJHL, BCHL, are all very quality leagues and you are a almost at the level of the Dub, the dominant players would easily make WHL teams. But unfortunately for the WHL, those guys are going for scholly's instead of getting drafted.

I hope to make a Junior A team, but if not, I'll play Midget AAA again and HS Varsity again for my senior year. If I don't make a Junior team this year, hopefully I'll make it next year.

Junior B. Doing more for the oppritunity to play the grinder role one last time during tryouts... making the team is a huge stretch and I'm doing tryouts more keep in shape over the summer and to be able to make some noise within the local hockey scene.