Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

supahdon

Another "which pads" poll?

My floor/ball hockey goalie friend is looking into starting ice hockey finally, and he wants to upgrade from his Itech 4.8's. He's still a poor college student, so he probably can't go splurge a grand on some Velo's.

I recommended the new Itech 7.8's (the rest of his gear is Itech) which look pretty nice for a $500 pad. From looking at goaliemonkey's website, they look very similar to the Heaton Z Seniors.

HockeyGiant apparently just got the Reebok Senior pads in, which are retailing at $300. They look alright, but they seem to be lacking that extra bit of knee padding which my pal is desperate for.

Anybody else have any recommendation for pads in the sub $500 category?

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
My floor/ball hockey goalie friend is looking into starting ice hockey finally, and he wants to upgrade from his Itech 4.8's. He's still a poor college student, so he probably can't go splurge a grand on some Velo's.

I recommended the new Itech 7.8's (the rest of his gear is Itech) which look pretty nice for a $500 pad. From looking at goaliemonkey's website, they look very similar to the Heaton Z Seniors.

HockeyGiant apparently just got the Reebok Senior pads in, which are retailing at $300. They look alright, but they seem to be lacking that extra bit of knee padding which my pal is desperate for.

DR 6.2

My floor/ball hockey goalie friend is looking into starting ice hockey finally, and he wants to upgrade from his Itech 4.8's.  He's still a poor college student, so he probably can't go splurge a grand on some Velo's. 

I recommended the new Itech 7.8's (the rest of his gear is Itech) which look pretty nice for a $500 pad.  From looking at goaliemonkey's website, they look very similar to the Heaton Z Seniors. 

HockeyGiant apparently just got the Reebok Senior pads in, which are retailing at $300.  They look alright, but they seem to be lacking that extra bit of knee padding which my pal is desperate for. 

DR 6.2

Our part time guy had his choice between the Itech and DR as we carry them both and he chose the 6.2. I believe we have the catalog review posted in the icehockey equipment section and you can see all of the features in both pads.

My floor/ball hockey goalie friend is looking into starting ice hockey finally, and he wants to upgrade from his Itech 4.8's.  He's still a poor college student, so he probably can't go splurge a grand on some Velo's. 

I recommended the new Itech 7.8's (the rest of his gear is Itech) which look pretty nice for a $500 pad.  From looking at goaliemonkey's website, they look very similar to the Heaton Z Seniors. 

HockeyGiant apparently just got the Reebok Senior pads in, which are retailing at $300.  They look alright, but they seem to be lacking that extra bit of knee padding which my pal is desperate for. 

DR 6.2

Only in Colorado though. :P

I would go for the DR's. Fellow goalie uses them and hasn't had any problems.

It looks like I've sold him on at least trying out the Reebok's for 299. He's been suffering from pretty bad knee bruising playing with his Itech 4.8's for our outdoor ball hockey league. I told him that at "only" 299, he wouldn't feel guilty about using the Reebok's outdoor and on ice.

Probably will drive up to HockeyGiant on Monday to check them out. Hopefully the Reebok's are constructed well.