Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cougarscaptain87

spray painting sticks black

i have seen a few college players i know spray paint the bottom fourth and blade black, i was just wondering if anyone here does it, and why do you do it? im going to give it a try on one of my broken vapor XX with a sicore blade in it, but im just curious

thanks

Some feel as though the paint helps to hide the puck, which would obviously give the shooter the advantage (goalies I have spoken to have said that spraying sticks does little, if anything, to fool them). Others find the color of the stick distracting when they look down at the puck, so they black out the bottom of the stick to keep help keep their focus on the puck if/when they look down for a short period of time...

one guy i know does it cuz he hates the shiny stickers on his xx. another i know does it to hide the stick so it doesn't get stolen.

he 'paints the whole thing?

one guy i know does it cuz he hates the shiny stickers on his xx. another i know does it to hide the stick so it doesn't get stolen.

why doesnt he just take the sticker off

i do it because im always switching between different sticks, so by painting the bottom half black it gives a sort of consistency, its all mental,

i deffinitally prefer a black blade and shaft. I am gonna probly try and paint the bottom of my xn10. should i sand and prime it?

My buddies that do it just spray paint right over it. Should be ok without going through all that.

you just take a spray can and spray the whole area black ?

thats hard, i think ill go to my lhs and let them do the hard work :lol:

why doesnt he just take the sticker off

yeah, he says it's peeling. he keeps saying his xx has a sunburn, but i guess it's everyone's stick that does that.

may be its just me, but i wont buy a painted stick..

i get suspicious that they intentionally or unkowningly having paint cover up damage to the stick..

and i wont paint it cause the paint can cover up any damage, so you might not see that your stick is about to break...

and i wont paint it cause the paint can cover up any damage, so you might not see that your stick is about to break...

But wouldn't you would be able to feel if the stick is about to break..?

anybody have any pics of their sticks spraypainted?

I will take one of my RBK, I'll post it in a few minutes.

Spraypainted

I realize, it, it's a gongshow because I only coated it once and then never got back to redoing it.

Sherwood, what type of spray paint do you use... like glossy or what?

I used Tremclad Finishing paint for that one. I think it's for doing drywall and painting touch ups..?

I don't know if there are better ones, but it seems to work for me.