Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

CCM V60 blade

My blades isnt looking to good rite now, i gotta find a replacement, iam looking for abs/fiberglass blades, i heard good things about v60 does anyone have this blade and would like to commnet on it?

ya it has great wear, and tough as hell, v20 and heat blades work good as well, i'm using the KoHo 3385 blade right now and it works good

If iam not mistaken the koho blade u use right now is the koho kombo bullet blade?

if so let me kno how it works

ya it has great wear, and tough as hell, v20 and heat blades work good as well, i'm using the KoHo 3385 blade right now and it works good

If iam not mistaken the koho blade u use right now is the koho kombo bullet blade?

if so let me kno how it works

I've used the bulet kombo. It's not the same blade as the 3385. It's a bit heavier but stiffer IMO. Durability is fantastic, get it since it has been discontinued and there are some floating around for cheap.

I've had a few guys here not like the V60 blade because of the wood insert in the blade. It makes for slightly better feel on the puck, but the problem has been that guys have been wearing though the thin ABS section on the bottom of the blade and have the wood become exposed and disintegrate. It may not be a problem for you if your inline rink is smoother than ours, or if you don't usually have a problem with blades wearing thin, but it is something to be aware of.

The V20 blade is similar, but without the wood insert, and a longer, cheaper hosel, and the 1052 HEAT blade also has a full ABS core, so these may be worth looking at also.

I like the V60 blades, I didn't find blade wear to be a big issue, but I found that after a while of hard use the ABS part and the wood that comes down from the blade would start to seperate, and then the blade would spontaneously blast apart on me. Good blade for the money though, and they are quite stout.

One more thing as well,

CCM 1052=Koho 3380/85/42something=Jofa 8055

They're all the same except minor details and curves. If you play at a level where performance is important, by all means get them. However, if thats not the case then look into gettin either a vector V20 or something like that.

Iam most likly going to buy this blade, but just one question..... is this the best ABS blade on the market? If its not can you please let me know which blades are better then the v60 or good for roller/ball hockey.

Hossa was if you are able to find it, if not It's either the Doan or Bonk now.

they might not be available on those blades yet. If so then either Recchi (CCM) or Jagr (Koho) - make sure to get the newer ones which are mids rather than the older 3380s (heel curve)

Still havent gotten this blade since I found a replacement blade, but its so heavy, I am looking to get it, I just wanted to know how heavy it is? Does anyone happen to know in grams?

Right now I have Koho 2260 and its blade heavy beyond beleif, I havent held a v60 blade for a long time so I dont kno aobut the weight differnces but can anyone help me compare and see if the v60 is lighter then the koho 2260.