Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

And you said it couldnt be done.....

i go a tapered blade in to the tapered side of my vector. i didnt turn it upside down either. Its a GU Demitri Kallinin stick and i got a synthesis blade into it. The combo is sick! Great feel for the puck. i dunno about the pro sticks, but the walls on this seem to be very sturdy

Who said it couldent be done? I know 2 kids on my team who both have tapered blades in there broken vectors. Congratulations on your acheivement though. Once the synthesis blade breaks you can do it all over again. Vectors are known for durability so the walls might not be that much thicker if any.

The one kid I know did both of there sticks and he works at the rink. I didnt ask him how he did it but they both have Synthesis blades in the vectors. I never really looked at them that close cause I didnt know that it was a hard thing to get them in. Wood would be easy to get in if you shave the hosel down.

No one ever said it didn't work. JR just said that the blade or shaft (can't remember which) broke very soon on the ice after putting the blade in. The reason it doesn't work as well as some other cut OPS is because the inside corners on the shaft are rounded, where other shafts are not.

I thought I put instructions because I had done it to my Vector earlier. I'm anxious to try it out on the rink, I had to work to get mine in there though, shaving down a few things at both ends to be able to put the blade in and an extension at the other end. You should be very proud though.

Can you pm me some instructions, the blade on my vector look ready to go. Lasted over a year very good.

As the nameplate is facing you. I have the M cut off. I probably could've went lower, but was seeing if the problems I had with thew insides having a line went all the way up the stick.