Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cardinalhcky26

Nice hit

Downey is amazing. This training was on TSN and he basically trains to fight.

Exactly the kind of guy that you shouldn't need in the NHL.

Agreed, but that's half the reason people aren't watching the NHL. The crack down on fighting is leaving fans bored.

the michigan is in one of about 5 posts. I'd have to agree with whoever said the Jovo v. Deadmarsh fight was great. Deadmarsh has barely played since then

Downey is amazing. This training was on TSN and he basically trains to fight.

Exactly the kind of guy that you shouldn't need in the NHL.

Agreed, but that's half the reason people aren't watching the NHL. The crack down on fighting is leaving fans bored.

Then they can watch ultimate fighting to satisfy their bloodlust. I'm not against fighting in hockey. Just the circus sideshow type of stuff, the guys who are only on the roster to fight and the people who live for it.

Hockey was as strong locally as ever before the lockout. The problem is that most hockey fans are only fans of their team and not the sport as a whole. If their team isn't playing, they don't generally watch. That's one of the three major reasons national ratings suck. The others are the quality of game play and how it translates on TV. Fighting is way down the list for most people.

I think fighting has a purpose in most levels of hockey. At the same time though, nothing pisses me off more than people who if you ask why they watch hockey, they respond with "for the fights".

I dont like players that make up for their lack of other skills by fighting and being cheap. Everytime I go around someone i get whacked in the calves or something to that nature.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
...I remember Stu Grimson knocking someone on his ass with one shot. Can't say I remember who the poor bastard was, though...

It was Reid Simpson of the St. Louis Blues, right in front of the benches.

I was waiting for Chris Tucker to run out onto the ice and yell "You got knocked the f**k out!" :D