Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyers10

CCM V08 fit

If you fit in a Bauer, like I do, then it's wide. I found the CCM brand to be narrow (pinched the sides of my forehead). Comparing a 9900 to V08.

Plus, the V08 didn't allow me to mount an Avision cage without having to file down the lip near the forehead mounts. But... I guess if you plan on wearing a shield, then it won't matter.

I had a v10 and I found it similar (but slightly less comfortable) than a re-akt. I know the v08 and v10 are different foams though so now sure if this is helpful at all to you.

The v08 is less rigid then the v10. I've found it very comfortable for my a slightly wide head. Also note that the sizing seems to be a bit different as I fit a large in most helmets on the market but I got the v08 in a medium.

I wouldn't say there is a Bauer model that currently fits like the V08. It is a fairly deep fit, that isn't quite as round as the V10 (tapers a bit in towards the back).

Of course, these are pretty subjective descriptions so, as always, your best bet is to track one down and try it on.

I have a 22.5" head and fit into a medium V08. It is one notch up from the smallest setting. This compares oddly to my Resistance helmet which is a large, and one notch up from the smallest setting.

I find the CCM helmets are more comfortable for my head than the Bauer 2100 I have, and the 4500 I tried in the shop. They both seemed to put pressure points on my head rather than a more evenly distributed pad pressure. I did find that the Reakt 100 in medium felt nice though. The CCM helmets also seem to protect about and extra inch or so lower in the back than the Bauers do on my head.

I don't know if this helps. I ordered my V08 online without trying it on first. I just figured I would return it and lose the shipping cost if I didn't like it.