Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabian_99

Suggestions for new gear

Hi guys,

I come back to hockey last year after about 20 year break. I alredy upgrade some of my gear, but now I need to upgrade shoulder and elbow pads.

Now I come from an old koho spx 2, I bought it when i was 15, now Im'42. The elbow are older than the shoulder....are old koho ep 98.

I play as defenseman in a check league and looking for a good shoulder and elbow pads not so bulky but with good protection.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much for your time

Hi guys,
I come back to hockey last year after about 20 year break. I alredy upgrade some of my gear, but now I need to upgrade shoulder and elbow pads.
Now I come from an old koho spx 2, I bought it when i was 15, now Im'42. The elbow are older than the shoulder....are old koho ep 98.
I play as defenseman in a check league and looking for a good shoulder and elbow pads not so bulky but with good protection.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks so much for your time

Depends on what your budget is....if you're looking for good mobility and solid protection and low bulkiness I'd check out the CCM RBZ line of shoulder pads and eblow pads (RBZ, RBZ 150, or RBZ 130). Also the STX Surgeon line of protective gear is VERY mobile/low profile and still quite protective.

I've had the CCM RBZ shoulder pads and elbow pads and loved them. However as a defensemen I didn't quite feel comfortable enough blocking shots with the RBZ shoulder pads (plus they fit a little too loose for my taste) so I switched to the CCM Tacks 6052 shoulder pads. They are a little bit heavier than the RBZ but provide a little more coverage, tighter fit, and thicker padding.

If you can, make sure to try any gear on in person before buying just to make sure it fits your body properly.

+1 for CCM/Reebok gear. I've been using Reebok 11K elbow pads and CCM Crazy Light shoulders for a few years now, and couldn't be happier. I know they're a few years old, but you should be able to find comparable models from CCM. I'd also recommend trying on as much gear as you can first. What works for me may not work for you. You'd be surprised how much gear I thought fit great, until trying on something that ACTUALLY fit way better.

Thank you guys,

my budget is not so high. i'm looking around on some site for a good offer....the rbz 150 could be a good chois? I'm also thinking about the dynasty ax1 or vapor x100....

Thank you guys,

my budget is not so high. i'm looking around on some site for a good offer....the rbz 150 could be a good chois? I'm also thinking about the dynasty ax1 or vapor x100....

The ax1 gear is solid, I've used both shoulders and elbows and liked them (but not enough to switch from my Rbk gear). The X100 is also good. If you find either in your price range then you would not go wrong getting it but it all depends on whether or not you like the fit.

The RBZ line is pretty nice, I just retired my 20 year old Jofa elbow pads for some RBZ 130s and I love them.