Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ulf

ccm res 300 cage advice needed

looking for the best vision white cage.

currently using bauer 7500 and could not be happier. also used the re-akt cage, and while slightly lighter than the 7500 the sight lines were better on the 7500, not to mention it looked better on.

does anybody know how the ccm 300 compares to the bauer 7500 and re-akt cage? i know the 300 has flat bars so it seems in the same ball park. will the white ccm 300 make the vision worse coming from the bauer "true vision" cages?

I came from the Re-AKT cage and am now in the Res 300 white. I cannot believe how well I can see the puck when I look down at the ice, feels like I am not even wearing a cage. Sure, when I look up to see the game, I see the bars, but it is not as bad as how much I noticed the Re-AKT bars. Maybe the cage looks like 'ish to other players (aesthetically), but I do not really care. Looks fine to me, and the performance is pretty nice.

I used the Re-Akt cage for a while and liked how light it was but I wasn't a big fan of the shape/sight lines of the cage. I switched over to a Bauer Profile II I2 (black on outside and white on inside) and love it. Much better shape (less of a bubble shape) and sight lines. The profile II is heavier than the Re-Akt but it's negligible in my opinion.

I would stay away from the CCM resistance cages, they are easily the ugliest out there. I would try the CCM FM580. That is what i currently use on me Re-akt after switching from the Re-akt cage i had no problem adjusting, and haven't noticed any difference with vision.

I would stick with Bauer if you like the 7500 so much. I used the FM580 for a few months, but didn't like the comfort of the chin cup. I switched to a Bauer 4500 which I liked better, and now am in a Re-Akt.