Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

Stick lie and length

I've been using my True A5.2 SBP TC2-5 now for a couple of games and I feel like the stick is shorter compared to my previous one. I had been using and STX Surgeon 500 X88 and used the length of that stick to cut my True. I guess my question it going from a lie 6 to a 5 should I have gone longer on the True?

Probably yes. Because lie also affects the length a bit. What the lie on your previous stick? Try to measure it from the heel instead.

Yes. You should have cut at least an inch less off the True. Could be more in some cases. The lower the lie, the longer you need the stick to accommodate the angle. Grab a wood plug, glue it in, and then place your hand where you feel most blade contact. Mark the plug and then cut. Good to go.

5 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

I literally just got done doing that. I went about 1.25" longer than my STX and feel like it's good to go. 

Mind reader! :ph34r: