Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strosedefence34

What would you do? Pro stock stick question

Recently  purchased a Pro Stock 1N from someone online without being able to look at the code (first mistake).  When I received the stick the code reads BR03LR3 which according to sources is a 1X.  I don't typically use low kick sticks as I purchased a cheap APX a few years ago to test it out, and didn't really like it.  The seller is not interested in taking a return I already talked to him, and he stated that typically if a stick is painted as something else then it actually is Bauer would put the true name of the stick on it so under the code it would say 1X.  

What would you do?  Give the 1X and shot and see how it is or just try to sell it and cut your loses? Is there any pro stock stick guys out there that can confirm BR03LR3 is intact a 1X?  Another forum says it is.

new guy here... but a google search of just that code comes back to an 1X dressed as an 1N, multiple times... I would think that would be an awfully big scam and the hockey world would know about it already if common to pass off a true 1N as an 1X..  hopefilly someone has an 1N and see what the code is...I found  RB10JB - Nexus 1N...  if it were me. try it and see if if works well for you  if not sell it,, being new It is already what I planned on with sticks anyway as it will take me a bit to figure out what I like... hope this helps you

17 minutes ago, Truckie said:

new guy here... but a google search of just that code comes back to an 1X dressed as an 1N, multiple times... I would think that would be an awfully big scam and the hockey world would know about it already if common to pass off a true 1N as an 1X..  hopefilly someone has an 1N and see what the code is...I found  RB10JB - Nexus 1N...  if it were me. try it and see if if works well for you  if not sell it,, being new It is already what I planned on with sticks anyway as it will take me a bit to figure out what I like... hope this helps you

It is not a scam when done for the pros.  Pros have a pretty big list of custom options available to them.  If you are know what mybauer is think of that time a million.  Bauer will slap different graphics on different sticks for the pros.  For example Patrick Kane is Bauers Poster boy for the Vapor line, but last I checked he uses the original total one and they just paint it with the most up to date graphics.  So it is not unusual for a Pro Stock stick to have different graphics that what the make up of the stick actually is.

i Understand that...  but guys getting a 1N  and selling it as a 1X saying "its dressed"  as a scam.... don't see that being a big issue...

5 minutes ago, Truckie said:

i Understand that...  but guys getting a 1N  and selling it as a 1X saying "its dressed"  as a scam.... don't see that being a big issue...

Repaints are very common among pro stocks, you never really know what you are getting unless you check the code. So it's a known risk. One that's worth taking when you are getting high end sticks at a fraction of the price.

To OP, I'd give it a go, you may find you actually like it. If not, you can always put it back up on eBay.

On 8/19/2016 at 1:04 PM, Truckie said:

I agree with this. Unless it is mentioned that it is pro-stock and that it is a mystery stick with 1N paint, it should be considered a scam. Obviously, the model code should be indicated in the listing as well so the buyer can have a chance of figuring this out.

I think calling the guy a scam artist is a bit harsh.  He probably just didn't check the code. I'll give you a story from personal experience:

I bought a pair of original Mako skates retail, size 9. Wore them a couple times, didn't like them so I sold them on eBay.  When they got to the buyer he checked the bottom of the footbed and the inside of the sole.  Turns out one skate was a size 9 as the box said, but another was a size 9.5.  I wasn't trying to scam the guy, I just assumed I got what the box said and advertised the eBay auction as such.  Just a very weird coincidence. Now in my case, I contacted Easton for the guy and got the 9.5 skate switched out for a 9 and everything worked out.  Obviously the guy in this auction can't call Bauer because it's a pro stock so I don't know what options he would have.  

The guy didn't scam me.  When I emailed him, and talked to him he said he simply deals with too many pro stock sticks to list the codes with each stick (is this right as a far as a business practice I don't think so, but who am I to tell someone how to run their business).  I could have asked him what the code was, but didn't.  I take 100% blame for not getting a 1N.  If I decide to order from him again I will ask him what the code is on the stick before purchasing or I simply won't order from him.  Its no big deal.   I will say this is the second time I have dealt with the seller, and both experiences have been positive as far as price and shipping time.

I am playing with the stick tonight I will see how it goes.  Unfortunately I never have any luck flipping sticks.  I always loose money so if it doesn't work out for me I will probably just keep it, and use it for pond hockey or a back up   

You could always try the sell forums here at Mod Squad. I've had pretty good luck selling things here.

Bauer Sticks Pro Codes

1086W - XXX Lite

A - XXX Lite SE*
A2 - 2 Piece One85

A26 - APX

A26B - APX

A42A - APX SE*

B - XXX Lite

BR01X - APX2

BR01H - APX2

BR03G - APX2 SE*

BR03C - APX2 SE*

BR03N - APX2 SE*

BR02AI9B - 1X

BR03LR3 - 1X

BR04H - 1X SE*

C - Lightweight One90

C28 - One95

C29 - One95

D - One90

DP - One90 SE*

E95L - 1S Goalie

FW3D - Nexus 8000 SE*

FW3E - Nexus 8000 SE*

FW2I - Nexus 8000

FW1K - Nexus 8000

G3 - Custom flex profile - Similar to Nexus 1000

G7 - College Pro Bank

G15F - X:60

G12E - Custom Flex Profile with a 12K weave

H11 - X60 SE*

O33 - TotalOne

O44 - TotalOne SE*

OV1 - A reinforced version of the G3, with an extra layer of carbon. HOWEVER the flex profile if different a G3 making it more like a Nexus 1000

R27 - Nexus 1000

RB7 - Nexus 1000 with different weave 

RB8 - Nexus 1000

RB8A - Nexus 1000

R32 - Nexus 1000

RB10JB - Nexus 1N

IN-11 - Nexus 1N SE*

SE - X:60 Shaft with One95 Blade

SELT - Vapor XXXX

SB18A - One.9 Team Order/Euro

VB6 - X7.0

V024 - College APX (Colour)
W03 - NXG SE*

W03A - NXG SE*

W03D - NXG

W04J - MX3 SE*

W04Q - MX3

W05WE - Supreme 1S

played with it last night.  I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it.  I didn't get a chance to really shoot with it yet though.  Maybe next week.  The shaft felt rounder which I didn't care for, but it could be that I am used to a squarer shaft.