Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aviery

From Supreme MX3 into Supreme 1S Skate

Any feedback from those who made the move from an MX3 into the 1S. Also general feedback thus far from anyone already in this skate?

I've moved from an NXG to an MX3 and today moved into the 1S.

Instant feedback

1. I'm struggling with the size of the tongue under my shin guards.

2. The skate in general feels extremely bulky.

3. They also feel much stiffer in the boot compared to the last 2 generations of Supreme.

LS4 was an easy transition as I made the move 8 months ago in my MX3's. I love the taller steel for turns. Starting to wonder if I made a mistake.  :(

2 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

How's the lace bite protection?

I'm pretty sure it's the same carbon composite inserts as the mx3.

I tried on the 1S but personally like the MX3 better. But I have NxGs right now because hockey is expensive.  

I didn't care for the tendon guard re-design. Personal preference. If I had cash I would get some MX3 skates.

I finally got a chance to try on some 1S skates.  They felt roomier overall than my MX3s do.  Didn't get to skate in them, but I'm interested in the "stiffer" comment...  AS I think the Mx3s are too flimsy..

OH, and I HATE that big tongue.. sucks on the 1X too..

On 9/24/2016 at 4:00 AM, aviery said:

Any feedback from those who made the move from an MX3 into the 1S. Also general feedback thus far from anyone already in this skate?

I've moved from an NXG to an MX3 and today moved into the 1S.

Instant feedback

1. I'm struggling with the size of the tongue under my shin guards.

2. The skate in general feels extremely bulky.

3. They also feel much stiffer in the boot compared to the last 2 generations of Supreme.

LS4 was an easy transition as I made the move 8 months ago in my MX3's. I love the taller steel for turns. Starting to wonder if I made a mistake.  :(

Over the years I also went from NXG to MX3 to 1S and here are my thoughts:

1)  I go tongues under and haven't had any issues.  What is it that your struggling with?

2)  1S is a little more open at the top of the boot out of the box than the MX3 was so I'm wondering if you might not have gotten a good bake?

3)  The bigger tongue which is also stiffer is what is making the 1S appear to be stiffer than the MX3.  It took me a few weeks to feel as if I had the tongue broken.

I wasn't as thrilled initially with the LS4 steel coming from LS3, but in all honestly the LS4 is starting to grow on me.  You need to be patient and give yourself a number of skates in the 1S.  I loved the MX3 and feel that the 1S is better with the changes made to the tongue.

18 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

What do you mean flimsy lol

i have not skated in them but just holding them they feel like a super solid, super stiff skate. 

COMPARED TO the 1X, or APX2 or original APX for that matter, I find the Supreme MX3, NOT NEARLY as stiff.  I like a super stiff skate, so to each his or her own preference.

If I had to do it again, I'd custom order supremes with stiffer uppers..  They fit better, but feel weak on high speed turns and stuff..