Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjlasota

Rebounder build materials Help

I'm looking at putting 4 rebounders in the corners of my rink which corners are 90 degrees, not round. Has anyone built your own rebounders? I have an idea which I'll probably make triangular, but looking for t he rebounding material. Any have pro's/con's of a certain material you've tried in the past?

I actually ordered 2 styles of bands from Amazon. 1 is a workout band, another is a utility band for holding things down in a car. They're both stretchy. I will have to play with it, but I'm looking at making the rebounding side 26 inchs.

I just bought some eye hooks and cargo bands from Home Depot. The only issue I had was if I passed really hard, the puck would flip, but that could have been more a factor of height of the band than anything.

I made one using metal pipes and bungee chords. Screwed the pipes together in a T-formation. Total cost of pipes was $13. Was easy to put together too, just buy parts, screw together and wrap bungee around legs. 

Only issue I had was even with weight of metal pipes, the rebounder would slide back. Just needed to place a weight on top. 

I did mine with the flat bungee cords, some MDF shelving and 1/2" bolts and nuts.  Shelf was the "housing".  Bolts used to elevate the shelf off the ground.  Cord is rebound surface.  4 bolts per shelf.  2 up front spaced as far apart as possible.  The other 2 in back, not as widely spaced.  Hook one side of cord to a back "post", stretch cord around front 2 posts, hook back to other back post.  Works like a charm.  Not too pretty and the MDF could be more stiff, but it works.  If I was doing triangles to fill a 90 angle corner, I'd probably go with ply wood as my topper to get the rigidity.  The MDF is light too, so it gets pushed around if you don't weigh it down. 

But, yes, easy enough to make with minimal effort and cost.

Youtube is your friend here, heaps of examples of home made ones and how to make them straight, curved, triangular or otherwise. Here is a triangular one: