Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Long Island Rinks?

Hey guys, Im coming up to Staten Island for the holidays to visit family and since there are no rinks there (at least I believe there arent) I think I may bring my gear and take the trek to Long Island. What are the nice rinks on the island that have pickup/drop in? Do any of the rinks have ice court??

a rink located in edison nj has open from 9pm to 11pm on saturdays and its more or less 30mins away from si..depending what part of island you coming from

There's usually pick up hockey at Inman Sports Club on Sunday mornings from 8-10.

Can you comment on the level of play? Have you played pickup there? What surface is at the Inman Sports Club?

did Center Circle close in Rahway, I know some of Staten Island guys used to skate out there with their travel & league stuff..

Kovy71 - you will find good hockey up there..don't worry..just be prepared for the parking lot that is the highways of Long Island

sporttime in bethpage has drop in games on firdays form 11-1. I usually pop in about 20 ppl show up a week. If you go drop me a line and i might seee you there

did Center Circle close in Rahway, I know some of Staten Island guys used to skate out there with their travel & league stuff..

Kovy71 - you will find good hockey up there..don't worry..just be prepared for the parking lot that is the highways of Long Island

Jim, do you mean in that Rink in NJ or on the Island?

sporttime in bethpage has drop in games on firdays form 11-1. I usually pop in about 20 ppl show up a week. If you go drop me a line and i might seee you there

do you have to be a member? how much to play? skill level?

friday during the day would be pretty impossible since it's work time. how about weekends?

friday during the day would be pretty impossible since it's work time. how about weekends?

I don't know about the skill level. $25 for non members and its in the evenings on friday nights, and they have ones on sunday.

http://www.sportimetfm.com/facilities3.iht...id=3&id=506

You dont have to be a member, but $25 a session is pretty steep. I'd say the skill is a legit mid level game the times i've been there. Obviously that depends on who shows up but its a good workout either way. Usually if some of the staff plays it'll be a better game.

its actually 20 for non members but now the friday night session has been changed to 18+. So i cannot attend the friday night session anymore.

to be honest.. just came from sport time.. tonight was a good time i brought down my friends i play travel with and it was real fun. for non members its 20 bucks.. but just say your a member and youll get away with 10 bucks.. usually they dont care..

Edit: Just say your 18 also.. its not liek they are going to check your license

the 4ft girl at the front desk you mean. Over the summer one kid came he was like 11 or 12 and he was the best goalie i have ever seen for his age group. He had a fast glove and could really move around the crease. He could really be something if he keeps improving. Thockey how often do you go to sporttime i might know you