Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbhockey22

Bauer One95 Equivalent

With so many pros preferring the One95, a stick I never had the opportunity to use, what current sticks most closely resemble it today in terms of feel, performance, etc.? Bauer seems to be moving some Supreme items to the Nexus line, e.g. pants, so is the NXG or new Nexus 8000 most similar? And are there any sticks from other manufacturers that are similar to the One95?

The One95 is almost a 6 year old stick. However, saying that, supposedly the Bauer Supreme One.9 stick feels close to the same as the One95. Also, Bauer is not moving Supreme items to the Nexus line. The Nexus line is a completely different line, and features a "classic" fit. Therefore Supreme NXG and Nexus items will be completely different in characteristics of fit and feel.

The One95 is almost a 6 year old stick. However, saying that, supposedly the Bauer Supreme One.9 stick feels close to the same as the One95. Also, Bauer is not moving Supreme items to the Nexus line. The Nexus line is a completely different line, and features a "classic" fit. Therefore Supreme NXG and Nexus items will be completely different in characteristics of fit and feel.

Bauer moved their Supreme pants fit to the nexus line when it was introduced. My supreme one60 pants are almost identical to the nexus 600. I think this is what he was talking about, but that transition is already done and will not happen for future items.

Thank you for the responses, I was referring to the graphic on the Bauer website for the pants that seems to indicate that the Nexus replaces the older Supreme before introducing the new NXG pants on their website

Pro Stock Stick code G3 is a one95. You're welcome

C29 was the pro stock One95 code, G3 is a whole different flex profile/build similar to the Nexus.

The One.9 was made to be the closest thing to a One95 at retail level. Major differences include the Power Core 4 blade (featuring Aero Foam II) instead of the Power Core II, an "amplified mid kick" instead of a low mid kick in the One95, and the use of the Pure Shot Blade Profile on the One.9.

Minor changes include the use of Elastech resin in the One.9 and Tac Spiral grip instead of corner tactile.

Overall I find the One.9 to be a slightly stiffer shaft, and have a more pingy feel to the blade then the original One95 did. Basically, it shoots harder but doesn't feel as good with the puck.

Even with this in mind, I would still say the One.9 is the closest thing to a One95 on the market, unless you go with a Pro Stock stick, where a C28/C29 is the best bet, like others have mentioned. IIRC Patrick Kane is still using a C29 dressed as a vapor.

Hope this helps.