Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Kgbeast

Garage sales in Columbus?

It appears that Bobrovski has put his residence in Columbus up for sale. It is time for him to flip a page, and he is doing it fast.

The moves that looked incredibly stupid, that looked pretty smart after round one, now look incredibly stupid again. 

Not only losing your best players for nothing but doubling down to acquire more for a cup run? That’s a GM that should have been let go the day after they were eliminated. 

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

The moves that looked incredibly stupid, that looked pretty smart after round one, now look incredibly stupid again. 

Not only losing your best players for nothing but doubling down to acquire more for a cup run? That’s a GM that should have been let go the day after they were eliminated. 

Sold their future for a slight increase in a chance this offseason, it was always stupid. Luckily for them they hit one of their patented “we’re a competitive hockey team” streaks at the right time to get past the first round (paired with Tampa doing Tampa playoff things), but their definitely a team on the downswing from here 

I thought the moves they made (and didn't make for that matter) we're pretty stupid. Though looking back now, maybe I was wrong. They had a good run, generated some buzz around the league and most importantly, put some fans in seats.

I couldn't see them dealing Bob at the deadline. Move him and you're basically saying the season is over. 

I wanna see how it shakes out. If everyone bails. That nice little run won't mean jack.

I think the moves did plenty of good. 10 games on national TV including Canada is important for establishing their brand. Locally in Columbus some major recognition of hockey happened as well. Their commercial value has grown a fold or two over, which will give them some capital for bonuses and development. Merzlinkis can be an interesting goalie and can be better than Bob in goal for them. So Bobrovski departure is probably not as impactful. Loosing Panarin and Duchene would be bad, but they did fine before without either one. With nearly $40m in cap space they can pull from this and other pro leagues. CBJ goalie pool is pretty good and they can trade one for good picks and get back in the draft game. All and all, I do not think they have lost anything this season. The commercial success was worth the effort and was desperately needed for this club, more so than some draft opportunities that they may or may not miss.  CBJ has to dabble at the top of the division next season to maintain the success, if they slide to the bottom, that will undo everything. On paper as of now, they should be able to make playoffs again or at least be close to that. At the moment they are looking at loosing some key people from the front office and one of the coaches that might be their bigger problem for near future.