Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SkateWorksPNW

Nothing like your first game of the season and getting whomped 15-5

Recommended Posts

On 9/10/2019 at 9:15 PM, Beflar said:

...did you score?

3 assists. I played defense. Forwards need to clog up the neutral zone to prevent long stretch passes and east-west traffic. It would also be great if they would come back and help out on defense. I watched the LiveBarn video and I was stuck on at least 17 odd-man rushes by myself! Brutal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

3 assists. I played defense. Forwards need to clog up the neutral zone to prevent long stretch passes and east-west traffic. It would also be great if they would come back and help out on defense. I watched the LiveBarn video and I was stuck on at least 17 odd-man rushes by myself! Brutal!

This scenario, it seems....familiar.... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, SkateWorksPNW said:

:sad:

Everyone learns from their mistakes, hopefully. Better now, than later.  What skill level are you playing at? If it's lower level, 1. the other guys may not be able to skate back quickly, or 2. don't know they need to transition to defensive positioning when they lose control of the puck, or 3. plain lazy and hope someone is playing D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, caveman27 said:

Everyone learns from their mistakes, hopefully. Better now, than later.  What skill level are you playing at? If it's lower level, 1. the other guys may not be able to skate back quickly, or 2. don't know they need to transition to defensive positioning when they lose control of the puck, or 3. plain lazy and hope someone is playing D.

Elite Division: Highest level of players are accepted:  Players with professional (all levels and European), NCAA College D1/D3, Major Junior or Junior A experience recommended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

Elite Division: Highest level of players are accepted:  Players with professional (all levels and European), NCAA College D1/D3, Major Junior or Junior A experience recommended. 

Oh. That's interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your team new and the team that won has been playing together for years? 

 

Edited by SirJW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SirJW said:

Is your team new and the team that won has been playing together for years? 

 

Yeah. No one has any clue who each other is yet and the other team has been playing together for a long time. They executed a lot of set plays. A lot of east-west movement of the puck vs just north-south and one touch passing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×