Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jbear

Bauer Pro Stock?

I'm curious...there are a gazillion pro stock CCM and Warrior gloves and pants out there...why are there so many fewer Bauers available?  I'm not complaining about it...when I was growing up in the game, pro gear was mystical, limited in selection and availability, and when we got it...it was special. Now, it's everywhere and the variety is...well...you could argue that there are too many choices. Anyway...why fewer  Bauer PS options out there? 

Edited by Jbear

Just now, Jbear said:

I'm curious...there are a gazillion pro stock CCM and Warrior gloves and pants out there...why are there so many fewer Bauers available?  I'm not complaining about it...when I was growing up in the game, pro gear was mystical, limited in selection and availability, and when we got it...it was special. Now, it's everywhere and the variety is...well...you could argue that there are too many choices. Anyway...why fewer  Bauer PS options out there? 

CCM is a lot more popular at the Junior and semi-pro level is what I assume drives the volume of pro stock options out there.

Interesting. I'm a big Isles fan and on one of the teams I play for, we wear Islanders colors.  I really like Bauer Nexus 2n gloves, but I can't find blue/orange anywhere...even as Bridgeport pro stock.  I guess that's what got me thinking about it.  I did find some CCM HG97xp's that I am liking...but not as much as the Bauer's.  I swear I'm not whining!

11 hours ago, colins said:

CCM is a lot more popular at the Junior and semi-pro level is what I assume drives the volume of pro stock options out there.

Some leagues have exclusive suppliers. As far as I know CCM/Reebok are the Exclusive Supplier of most protective gear/jersey for the OHL, and I think partially for the sticks (I do believe you need to get an exemption to use Bauer sticks I'm not 100% on that).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jbear said:

Interesting. I'm a big Isles fan and on one of the teams I play for, we wear Islanders colors.  I really like Bauer Nexus 2n gloves, but I can't find blue/orange anywhere...even as Bridgeport pro stock.  I guess that's what got me thinking about it.  I did find some CCM HG97xp's that I am liking...but not as much as the Bauer's.  I swear I'm not whining!

I find the Isles pro stock in general is hard to come by on sideline swap and eBay.  I almost never see their sticks or anything for sale.  You might have better luck calling the islanders pro shop at northwell ice I think they handle most of the pro stock sales for the Islanders.  Even then you only have Lee, Leddy, and Clutterbuck who wear the nexus line of gloves.  Komarov wears the older Bauer 4 rolls.

Also I believe CCM and Warrior make a lot of the "team stock" just gloves with generic specs or their most popular specs and ships them out to teams with just the team name on the gloves.  I could be wrong about that though.

Edited by strosedefence34