Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citixen

Grey clarino palms?

On Easton pro stock gloves: what are the grey clarino palms like? How do they compare to Eagle's MSH2 palm? What does Easton have that compares to MSH2 palms?

Wear

Feel

Thickness?

Grey clarino vs beige clarino vs nash vs digital palms vs MSH2? Thanks.

Ex.

eastongloves.jpg

VS

Clarino palms

2nqqsn9.jpg

One of the guys on my team has a brother who's an equipment guy in the show and sends him free gear (yes I'm jealous). He just got a brand spanking new pair of Easton Pro gloves like you linked to with the grey palms. They are really soft and supple, fairly thin too. Felt like MSH2, maybe not quite as flexible or soft. No idea how they hold up over time, but they felt great. Thinner than any nash or clarino I've used. Damn shame I have such tiny hands otherwise I'd bribe him to send me a pair ;)

Would the grey clarino be like the palms that were on the XXX pro models? I love that palm and have been trying to find some gloves that have it.

Can anyone give some insight on the different palms?

PLEASE!!! It's been something I've been trying to figure out lately. What is nash, clarino, digital, msh2? Pictures would help if possible. is MSH2 only available for eagle gloves?

Wish I had time right now to post a complete answer, however, there are many explanations throughout MSH. Someday, I will write a blog on this, however, for now:

Digital = Natural hide made by Pittard's England

Mustang = Natural hide made by Pittard's England

Cowhide = Natural hide; several sources (in hockey, usually Pittard's England)

Clarino = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarino

Nash = Similar to Clarino, however, different in manufacturing process

MSH2 = Microfibre

So whats the best palm durability wise?

Depends on how you take care of your gloves, how you sweat, etc.; everyone is different. Cowhide palms traditionally get crusty and then crack because people don't take care of their stuff, but, it is a very durable palm.

In general, most palms are durable, however, my experience is as follows in order of least durable to most:

Digital = performance grip palm, think high-end one-piece stick, although Pittard's will tell you to pound sand as far as warranty is concerned (I feel stick companies should do the same). While I've seen many pros eat through this palm, personally, I have never had a problem with durability. I use Digital on my lower hand only.

Nash/MicroNash

Goat

MSH2

Mustang

Cowhide

I'm not looking for my list to become a debate. I've been in the business just over 20 years and this is my experience. You, if you try every palm, will have your experience and opinion of what works/doesn't work for you, as well as an idea of durability.

I would really love to read DarkStar50's experiences with regards to glove palms.

Thanks for the response,